PDA

View Full Version : kenda klaws info

skrib21
12-12-2003, 10:52 AM
The ups man just droped off my new set of klaws 21-7-10 front and 20-11-9 rears they are xc's the tread is awsome it measures a 1/2 inch deep lugs front and back ,thats very close to itp xcr's they weigh in at 15.6 pound compared to 12.5 pounds on my factory rear tire (400ex) which have about half tread very comparable cosidering its a 6ply vs 4ply.The fronts are 4 ply not 6 as some places list it ,they look like they will tare it up. Cant beat the price I will do a review when I get them mounted hope this info helps anyone looking for new tires.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p42312d1fa09e48875cb110e49b92d3aa/fa49cd4b.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p1e3cb104806a2412ebad09da1521ade5/fa49cd49.jpg

bmw500hp
12-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by skrib21
The ups man just droped off my new set of klaws 21-7-10 front and 20-11-9 rears they are xc's the tread is awsome it measures a 1/2 inch deep lugs front and back ,thats very close to itp xcr's they weigh in at 15.6 pound compared to 12.5 pounds on my factory rear tire (400ex) which have about half tread very comparable cosidering its a 6ply vs 4ply.The fronts are 4 ply not 6 as some places list it ,they look like they will tare it up. Cant beat the price I will do a review when I get them mounted hope this info helps anyone looking for new tires.

How much was a set of Kenda's and where did you get them?

skrib21
12-13-2003, 09:51 PM
They where $163 plus $40 for shipping at rocky mountain atv, the best deal I've seen on them.

bmw500hp
12-13-2003, 10:04 PM
They where $163 plus $40 for shipping at rocky mountain atv, the best deal I've seen on them.

thnx, at that price, it's hard not to give em a try!

Chanman420q
12-13-2003, 10:28 PM
heres a review....... GREAT TIRE

dannyboy20
12-13-2003, 10:33 PM
more roost than the itp's ?

Diedrich
12-13-2003, 10:50 PM
i got some klaw mxr's..they are awesome..best tire i have ever ran

pnut420
12-14-2003, 12:19 AM
As far as the holshot comparing with Kenda, the Kenda are cheapy, hook up just as good and last longer. :D

dannyboy20
12-14-2003, 12:23 PM
Moore ROOST ???? :confused:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-14-2003, 01:43 PM

you must not have checked with us ;)

kickin440
12-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing

How bout you give me your price then...:)

muff
12-14-2003, 04:42 PM
I have the 20" fronts, my friend does also and we love them, they're awesome on and off the track

bmw500hp
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM

took you long enough....now this is the way to do business :devil:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-15-2003, 08:54 AM
So what you are saying is I am too quiet :)
This is the way I see it, I hate it when a salesman tries to push their product down my throat, that is the most annoying thing and they do not stop.. I guess I give some respect to my customers, I don't want people saying I wish that C&D would leave me alone. :(

I completely understand where you are comming from bmw500hp :D I will keep this tip in mind for the future reference, thanks

Kickin440
21x7x10 klaws $39 each
20x11x9 klaws $45 each

here is the catch RMATV wanted $40 for freight on 4 tires only, which is a rip off if it is being shipped in the lower 48. I just sent 20x6x10 on douglas .190 and 18x10.5x8 on douglas.190 and freight to NY was $28 at that was 67LBS.

muff
12-15-2003, 12:53 PM
yea, its like the people on ebay making money off the insane shipping prices :o

sounds like some good deals from c&d :D

12-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
Moore ROOST ???? :confused:

Yuup

Kenda's much better than ITP..

I only have experience with them in MX sizes though, I"ll never run another tire for MX.

dannyboy20
12-15-2003, 02:57 PM
sweat. Nothing like roosting the hell outta ur buddies. haha i love it. :macho

kickin440
12-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the quote. :)

Greg Z
12-15-2003, 06:24 PM
[i]

here is the catch RMATV wanted $40 for freight on 4 tires only, which is a rip off if it is being shipped in the lower 48. I just sent 20x6x10 on douglas .190 and 18x10.5x8 on douglas.190 and freight to NY was $28 at that was 67LBS. [/B]

HEY THOUGHS ARE MY TIRES ::)))) I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO COME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully this winter I can get some shocks and a-arms for my winter build up...

brandonpeake
12-16-2003, 10:42 AM
thats great prices on some xc tires

Nausty
12-16-2003, 10:37 PM
I love my kenda's, they slide when I want them to and get up and go when I want them and best of all they last and they are CHEAP. $35 a tire and they are pry gonna last 2 or 3 times longer than my holeshots. They seem a lot more forgiving on my 400ex. When I had a lot of stock parts I think I had to much traction for the power and handling I had. I dunno how it would affect me on a nice quad like i'm gonna have now though.:confused:

cals400ex
12-17-2003, 01:06 AM
how is the weight compared to other aftermarket tires?? i don't know what the itp's weigh?? well, they have so many styles out its hard to choose from. all i know is that i want something lighter than my shredders and they aren't too heavy. they are lighter than the razors anyways.

Nausty
12-17-2003, 01:10 AM
If you don't mind me asking why do you care so much about weight? I'm guessing they are about the same and if there was a differance I doubt it would be noticable unless your A class rider or better. I see a lot of pros using them and honestly I think your gonna be in good shape w/ just about any mx tire. It all just depends on is desired use and value.

cals400ex
12-17-2003, 01:33 AM
yeah, i don't mind you asking. i don't race mx. i actually just mainly play and do a little drag racing. however, the shredders hurt my speed pretty bad, especially in the upper gears. the mx tires i like because they are not too heavy and seem to last a little longer than stock. so, i still want to have good speed up top too. i love the weight of the stock tires as my bike did great drag racing with them on. but, they seem to flex too much and why get stock when can try new tires out. :D

Nausty
12-17-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
yeah, i don't mind you asking. i don't race mx. i actually just mainly play and do a little drag racing. however, the shredders hurt my speed pretty bad, especially in the upper gears. the mx tires i like because they are not too heavy and seem to last a little longer than stock. so, i still want to have good speed up top too. i love the weight of the stock tires as my bike did great drag racing with them on. but, they seem to flex too much and why get stock when can try new tires out. :D

yeah, usually though i don't think a lot of that has to do w/ weight but the size of the tire. The smaller the tire the more torque it has so you can top it out easy but in reality your going slower than you would be if you had had bigger tires. Think of it as changing the gearing. You just have to weight out what you want acceleration or top speed.

Honestly though if I were you I think i'd go with a bigger tire since you don't mx and just play ride that way you don't ever get hung up in rutts, logs, snow, ect. Then I'd gear the sprockets for more torque by going up in the rear sprocket or down in the front for a little better acceleration and less top speed. Seeing most slightly modded 400ex's don't even have enough power to wrap out in 5th gear, so you might as well turn that into extra torque that you can use racing up hills and stuff like that.

About the flexing, have you try'd to run high air pressure? They say to run REALLY low air pressure on those tires but imo its handles a lot better when you run more and you won't mess up your rims. I know I run around 12psi on my kenda's.

JOEX
12-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Try pcicking up a Hauler paddle on .125 rims....... next to nothing:D

I do belive there is a noticable difference in tire weight. Especially comparing stock tires to XC 6 ply tires;) I'm still running stockers but my friend has ITP 22" 6 ply with a 14 tooth sprocket and there is a difference to me.

Joe

Nausty
12-17-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Try pcicking up a Hauler paddle on .125 rims....... next to nothing:D

I do belive there is a noticable difference in tire weight. Especially comparing stock tires to XC 6 ply tires;) I'm still running stockers but my friend has ITP 22" 6 ply with a 14 tooth sprocket and there is a difference to me.

Joe

yeah, your right. I kinda got the feeling that he was misinformed about something so i wanted him to elaberate. But its all good.

JOEX
12-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
yeah, your right. I kinda got the feeling that he was misinformed about something so i wanted him to elaberate. But its all good.
No worries, it's all good here. I know how it is wanting someone to elaborate on an issue, hard to come by most of the time.

cals400es actually one of the few people here that actually goes into a fair amount of detail here. Mostly in the Powertrain forum.

Haven't seen you around much Nausty, been keeping busy?

Joe

Nausty
12-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Yeah, i for a long time I was never home but now that I got in a car crash and my truck is being fixed I can't go anywhere so i'm stuck home at home.:( Things have been really crazy this year too.

JOEX
12-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Things have been a little 'crazy' for myself this year due to different issues.

Hope you get back on the road ;)

Joe

bmw500hp
12-17-2003, 05:19 AM
So what you are saying is I am too quiet :)
This is the way I see it, I hate it when a salesman tries to push their product down my throat, that is the most annoying thing and they do not stop.. I guess I give some respect to my customers, I don't want people saying I wish that C&D would leave me alone. :(

I completely understand where you are comming from bmw500hp :D I will keep this tip in mind for the future reference, thanks

Kickin440
21x7x10 klaws $39 each
20x11x9 klaws $45 each

here is the catch RMATV wanted $40 for freight on 4 tires only, which is a rip off if it is being shipped in the lower 48. I just sent 20x6x10 on douglas .190 and 18x10.5x8 on douglas.190 and freight to NY was $28 at that was 67LBS.

I too understand where you are coming from Silverfox. And for what it's worth, I think you do a very good job of maintaining position of consideration and an exceptional job of customer maintainence.

Rocky Mountain has aquired a reputation for pricing. Particularly in several areas. Tires being one of them. RMATV has aggressive and continious ad campaign, coupled with inbound sales staff motivated to close.

This is a potent combination. :macho....But the "warehouse" image sometimes belies the final price..... :blah:

I really don't think many realize that you, (Silverfox) can certainly match or better the business deal. :D

The key word here being "realize" :eek:

As for the business's out there that apparently read "how to take your customers money and hide it in shipping charges-101 ", well, I will save that rant for another post...:devil:

Happy Holidays!:) :)

cals400ex
12-17-2003, 10:45 AM
actually guys, i have the same height tires in the front and rear as stock. however, they are one inch wider in the front and rear. i guess this is what had to slow me down. i really dont ride over ruts and roots, etc so i don't need a taller tire. i don't really need the torque as i found i do better in drag races with taller gearing. i have 15, 16, 36,and 38 size sprockets. i like how it runs with 15/36 or 16/38. by the way i am running a 11 compression 406 with stage 2 hotcam, x-6, etc. i just want a tire that may last a bit longer than stock, has decent bite, and i think weight is the most important factor. i actually think it is my front tires that are slowing me down. my friend has xc's that didnn't seem to slow him down. the only thing different is my front tires are wider and it is much harder to get my front end up than his even with me having more power. so i don't know if it is the width or the weight but i think it has to do with the front tires mostly. sooner or later we will swap fronts and see. i think my fronts are 2 or 3 pounds heavier each.