PDA

View Full Version : 250r/400ex plastic

markk
12-12-2003, 08:53 AM
I know that u can put 400ex plastic onto a a 250R, but is there a way to mount some 250r plastic to a 400ex??

sprtrx300ex
12-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Ive seen 250r plastic on a 400ex before. The guy that did it said it was a pain to get on.

crashinmatt
12-13-2003, 08:16 PM
fronts r easy from ex to r and vice versa. the r plastic on the ex is basically raisin the rear mount up 2 inches or so. but the rears r the hard part. u need a r seat, and then u need to move the front mounts where the plastic hooks in. they need to be moved closer, and turn to face out instead of in. now if u want it to look good, then u need to mount a r gas tank on it. which consists of cuttin the plastic between the engine and the tank on the ex, and maksome mounts for the front of the tank, and the rear. on theleft side u need to mount the petcock somewhere near that mount. it is possible i was thinkin about doin it and decided to borrow a friends plastic and tank and everything to see what it would take. i spent 2 hours changin parts back and forth seein what was needed and how to mount it, and decided it wasnt worth the time and effort for me. but if i wanted to do it bad enough it could have been done.