PDA

View Full Version : Problem with lights??

dcvet
12-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Got a new 03' 400EX. Drove it to work last night because I couldnt wait until the weekend:D A buddy came outside to have a look at it and when I started it up, the lights where already switched on. I switched them off for a second, but when I switched them back on, they didnt work. Both the head lights and the tail lights. I checked the fuses and they're both OK, and tried to see if there were any loose connections or something. I've had no luck and just had to drive home with no lights. Anyone have this problem ever or know what it may be? Oh, not sure if this could have anything to do with it, but it's really cold out. I'd say about -5 celcius.

Thanks in advance!

DaveC

MOFO
12-12-2003, 05:59 AM
damn dealers and their prep sometimes.

Right under the lights (under the front plastic) you will see a bunch of wires...make sure there are not any loose or not connected. They should all have a home. If it looks good there, take the seat off and check around the battery. There are a few wires that control the lights...again, make sure there are none laying loose. They should all be plugged into something.

If you find some loose, if you dont know where to plug it in, look for the same colored wire.

zarquon442
12-12-2003, 10:14 AM
sounds like you got a faulty switch. take it back to the dealer and let them deal with it. warrenty should cover it.