PDA

View Full Version : Winter riding gear?

DangerousDean
12-11-2003, 09:49 PM
What do you guys wear for winter riding (quading stuff)

Mostly boots
I've tryed sorels and the toe is to big and i cant shift very well
I've tryed hiking boots and my feet get cold
I'm thinking of buying some snowboard boots, does any one use these in the winter?

gloves? i wear insulated work gloves, i have some lobster mitts to but its hard to get the clutch :)

CEET400ex
12-11-2003, 09:53 PM
I just wear like a pair os sweat pants,a pair of jeans,and my coveralls over that.And a t-shirt and a hoodie and a big coat.Then i wear some Rocky boots and some thinsulate neoprene gloves to keep the water out.Then i wear my helmet and my goggles.

DangerousDean
12-11-2003, 09:58 PM
ps: temp here ussuallu= -30 in the winter :)

exatak199
12-11-2003, 11:23 PM
dean snowbord boots wiuld bee warm but there a little heard ti shift with and why wouldyou want to ride when it's that cold burr
here it get down to like -20 at the max right now it's -3or4.

Max400
12-12-2003, 12:02 AM
ps: temp here ussuallu= -30 in the winter

Good God Man!!!! you go outside in that??? I complain when it gets below 50 degrees............... anything lower thatn freezing and I ain't riding:eek2: :eek2:

sweet300ex
12-12-2003, 05:00 AM
In winter I just wear all of my hunting clothes. Its really realy warm and you dont get wet. Then I wear my Thor boots, they usually keep warm and dry, and a pair of Polaris snowmobile gloves

250rtone
12-12-2003, 06:32 AM
When we go riding here in manitoba it gets as cold as - 35 celcius and i wear a t shirt, hoodie, and my snap on winter coat. For boots , i got a pair of snomobile boots with a pair of cotton sport socks and thick wool socks. A pair of long johns, jeans and snow board style pants, real good ski gloves and a neck warmer. I got quality stuff and i rarely feel any cold at all. We should get some of you guys from down south up here for some good ol' -35 canadian winter riding.:D