PDA

View Full Version : talk tires

zlam27
12-11-2003, 08:45 PM
hey, ive been lookin for some new tires and wanted to hear everyones' opinions. i was thinking about kenda klaws, kenda knarlys, or razrs (the originals, not sure about ply though).

i dont race YET, mostly i ride trails. its a little muddy once and a while, and im sure im gonna be riding in some snow since it tis'-the-season. no holeshots, bandits, or tamers. anyone have experience with the ones listed? i really wanna know about the klaws and knarlys. how deep is the tread and how well do they hook up? i had razrs before on my banshee and i liked em a lot. gimme your $.02

zach

Diedrich
12-11-2003, 09:44 PM
i got some klaw 18" mxr's on mine..they hook up real good and are great tires..im running grooved radials on the front and they do well also

redrunner
12-12-2003, 08:40 AM
I have Razrs and love em, friends ride them on theirs and like them. Go 6ply have had no flats yet (knock on wood).
Is this $.02 worth? lol

y2k400ex
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
I cant decid between teh Holeshot XCR's adn the Maxxis Raxzr 2's. I like the razrs 2's but how much will the 3 pounds more weight effect performance???:confused: :confused:

sweet300ex
12-12-2003, 09:48 AM
I have Razr's and they have done well....i got the 4 ply version and so far no flats

zlam27
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
what about shredders, how are they? they look like the tread is too close and they would load up with mud and stuff.

anyone know the weight difference between the 4ply razrs and the 6ply? i think im gonna go 4 if i get razrs, but im not sure. any reason to get 6ply besides puncture resistance?

thanks so far,
zach

thejeepdude
12-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Well I have the Klaws on mine and Razr's on my gf's quad. I like them both. However on the rough trails and in the mud I like the Klaws better. They're a little taller even tho the label says the same size. This gives just a tad more ground clearance... or ability to air down a little and keep the same clearance. The slide great, and since they're reversable, you can swap sides and they'll hook up better in the soft stuff. I like the versatility. I haven't raced yet either, but I do play on the MX track quite a bit and like the way they feel there too. The Razrs are just as good on the track, IMO, but not really any better. Of course it all depends on riding style.

BassGin3
12-12-2003, 07:17 PM
I've got Razr 20x11x9 6 ply's on .160 rims and love them. Got them from rocky mountain atv for about $165 plus shipping. They work great in all conditions. One day i found a nail in my tire before i got out on the trail and still went all day long on the tires, beating the snot outa them. they held through everything. even when i took out the nail, the tire didn't sink much without any pressure. They're a great tire and ya won't be dissapointed. I've just ordered 22x7x10's in 6 ply for the front because i like the back's so much.

remlapr
12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I have had:

orig razrs - they were the worse, the lugs look half gone when you open the box.

Knarly's - this things hook up, but the sidewalls are thin and they handle like crap.

Holeshot XC's - great tire, they just wear down too quick