PDA

View Full Version : Help with new 400ex setup for my wife.

steveaz
12-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Okay, I'm kind of new to this quad stuff so I'd appreciate some input. Is there a stock exhaust baffle I can remove? How about sag, is there a proper way to adjust it? I'm looking at nerf bars and considering the White Brothers, anyone have any experience with them? Is there a better brand that are still angled in the front for deflection? Any other little tricks for the time being?

Thanks,
Steve

zephead400ex
12-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Sag can be adjusted with the rear shock rebound. Stock exhaust baffle...probably can be removed, not sure though.

I have Pro Armor nerfs which are pretty nice. They are stong, angled in front (but not sure about the deflection you are looking for). Very easy to install. Customer service is great. I do recommend Pro Armor.

hope this helps

steveaz
12-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks, I know how to adjust the sag, just don't know what to judge it by (I'm a two wheel guy;) )

FYI, I found the Extreme Fabrications (also known as White Brothers) nerf bars on Ebay for $99 a set with $24.99 shipping. He has 2 sets left if anyone is interested. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2447315918

Would still appreciate any help I can get with proper setup.

zephead400ex
12-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Guess I am not sure what you are talking about when you say 'proper setup':confused:

Are you wanting suggestions as far as an exhaust? Motor mods?

steveaz
12-11-2003, 09:15 PM
No, usually when you set sag, you measure the seat height unweighted, then you have the rider sit on it and measure again and adjust to get a certain amount of sag, I don't know how much that should be on a quad.

No motor mods, just any adjustments that improve the stock setup for now. Timing, jetting, exhaust baffles.... Her quad will stay pretty much stock for a while.

Now when I get my quad...oh heck yeah, but that's still a few months out.

Thanks for the input.