PDA

View Full Version : cleaning and reoiling K&N filter?

Lorduss
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
its about time to redo my K&N in my quad, just wondering on the best cleaner/oil combo for it, well standard foam air filter oil work ? or do we have to get the special K&N stuff, how about cleaning it ? how would you recemend cleaning it ? or what solution to use anyways.

Quadfather
12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Use the K&N stuff. It's made for gauze filters, not foam. Spry the filter with the cleaner, let it sit for ten minutes, then take it to the sink, and rinse with warm water FROM THE INSIDE OUT.

Let it dry completely, spray liberally with oil, making sure each pleat gets oiled, let it dry, re-install it.

Lorduss
12-11-2003, 08:00 PM
thanks
what kind of cleaning solution do i use for it? foam filter cleaner or is there a alternitive i can use.

kenny
12-11-2003, 08:08 PM
just go buy the the k&n recharger kit at any autoparts place. and your done.it's about 11.00 be sure to rinse from inside out no heavy pressure.it does not have to be perfect.if you must.a friend is telling me simple green works well.that i am not sure of.

UglyMotha™
12-11-2003, 09:06 PM
i always take a 5 gallon bucket and squirt a little dawn in there and fill it halfway up with water and let her set over night that way all the old oil is completly disolved then let it dry and fill her back up with the k/n oil :o