PDA

View Full Version : Alright, not too shabby!

Guy400
02-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Just got back from gussetting my frame on my LT and I ran a compression test while I had the tank off. Here's the scoop on the original bore, 15 year old Suzuki 2-stroke: 152psi!! While that's not great it's not bad considering it's 15 years old. I also just talked with my uncle and the NGK that's in it now is still the one that came from the dealer when he picked it up! Bike fires up on the 4th or 5th kick everytime. I'll try to get my brother's digital camera over for some pics soon.

Tommy 17
02-16-2002, 01:53 PM
wow guy thats amazing... stock spark plug and that much compression on a 2-stroke of that age... i think u got a steal man... if u put alittle bit into that thing u will have a nice!!!!! quad... just need to get a pipe and some reeds and a air filter and it will run hard....

knighttime
02-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Since your compression test come in under 155 psi?:D

Guy400
02-16-2002, 07:49 PM
No piston kit, yet:D First mod is a Houser steering stem with anti-vibe clamp and a set of Renthal's (the stock Zuk bars are terrible). After that is a Keihin 38mm PJ and pipe/silencer of undecided brand. The front tires are OK but the rears are down to about a 1/4" of tread left so I'll be getting a rear tire/wheel combo. After these mods I'll start really getting into the serious stuff.

Poncho
02-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Guy I was looking through an old cycle trader and saw your old raptor for sale.It said ask for Guy and it was in Massilon, Oh and I had saw the pic on fourstrokefans website.;) Did you get your Raptor at J & J motors, or whatever it's called.They have lots of stuff.:D

Guy400
02-17-2002, 05:49 AM
No, I bought my Raptor from Harding's Park Cycle in Canton. That J&J Motors is a rip-off place in my opinion. About 4 years ago I walked in there looking at a used '88 250R and a salesman comes up to me and starts rapping to me about how for the same money I could have a Blaster. I told him that I wasn't interested in a Blaster and that it was just too small for me. He told me that he'd give it to me for $2799 out-the-door. I told him no thanks and left. Exactly 2 days later I went in there with my friend who was in the market for a Blaster and he talked to the same salesman. He asked the salesman if he'd still sell that Blaster for $2799 OTD and the salesman looked puzzled. The salesman denied ever saying that to me (despite me standing right there). My dummy friend ended up buying it anyway for sticker cause the salesman told him that quads aren't like cars, they can't dicker on the price.

Poncho
02-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Huh,:huh they sound like some weird people.I thought about buying my raptor there beens they had a good price.:(