PDA

View Full Version : arms..VOTE NOW please

fasterz
12-11-2003, 06:54 PM
well i have a z400 and im ordering +3 LT arms within 2 weeks, do i go burguard premiums or lonestar DC-4. i was all set on burgards but im just rethinkin one last time befor i go spend all that money:devil: ive heard the lonestars are shoddy and are welded by mexicans paid .02 cents and hour:eek2:

also if you have pics of both...POST THEM!!!

Narly R
12-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I say DC-4, I havent seen the Burgards...:confused: my DC-4 are GREAT quality, but make shure ya watch out for braking ball joints. I wont ever go with the style that has ball joints on both arms agin (I dunno what burgard is)

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-11-2003, 09:29 PM
burgard or dc-4's.....hmm.....i think dc-4.

416exmx
12-11-2003, 09:57 PM
this is funny this came up...i just bought a-arms today...i called the quadshop and told them i wanted either DC-4 or burguards...both would take several weeks to get...i called around and ended up with a set of Herrmann Racing +3 LT's. i Know everybody likes Roll, Houser, LSR..and so on, but i wanted an a-arm from a company that actually MADE the a-arms right there in their shop...all a-arms basically do the same thing and most handle the same also...so, why can Roll charge $1700 for his and Herrmann/JRD/ECT....are around $800?????? Well i hope my Herrmann Racing +3 LT's hold up like they should...i guess where i am going with this is i also wanted LRS or Burguards, but shop around because there are many other good companies out there that build a-arms if you cant decide

12-12-2003, 06:45 AM
who makes dc-4s? LS?

thomez
12-12-2003, 08:05 AM
yah, Lonestar.

fasterz
12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
this is funny this came up...i just bought a-arms today...i called the quadshop and told them i wanted either DC-4 or burguards...both would take several weeks to get...i called around and ended up with a set of Herrmann Racing +3 LT's. i Know everybody likes Roll, Houser, LSR..and so on, but i wanted an a-arm from a company that actually MADE the a-arms right there in their shop...all a-arms basically do the same thing and most handle the same also...so, why can Roll charge $1700 for his and Herrmann/JRD/ECT....are around $800?????? Well i hope my Herrmann Racing +3 LT's hold up like they should...i guess where i am going with this is i also wanted LRS or Burguards, but shop around because there are many other good companies out there that build a-arms if you cant decide
ya i have shoped around, i was 100% for herrmanns but then looked closer and the shock mount on the arm is just $h!t, so that turned me away from them. i can get a real good deal on the burgards so i think im gonna go with them, but i can get good deal on the DC4 to....so wat do i get lol

Motoman440
12-12-2003, 01:36 PM
i called around and ended up with a set of Herrmann Racing +3 LT's. i Know everybody likes Roll, Houser, LSR..and so on, but i wanted an a-arm from a company that actually MADE the a-arms right there in their shop...all a-arms basically do the same thing and most handle the same also...so, why can Roll charge $1700 for his and Herrmann/JRD/ECT....are around $800?????? Well i hope my Herrmann Racing +3 LT's hold up like they should...

I bought the Herrmann +2+1 earlier this year and have been very happy with them. Replacement ball joints with the boot is only $16.00 which I thought was very reasonable. I don't jump real big (40 ft doubles) but they have done real well for the money. Plus, you will talk with Brad Herrmann who is very good to work with even if you have problems.

gibson400ex
12-12-2003, 02:01 PM

same with us we have +3 lt a-arms on our cdale
and we have +2 a-arms on our 400ex and we love them.....they are the best a-arms for the price and you can get a package for 1900 w/ elka shocks +3 a-arms and brake lines.....that is really cheap!

YamaWarr0121
12-12-2003, 02:07 PM
take a close look at some pics of the herrmann's n i like their quality, you even heard him say they make them RIGHT THere, not by some mexican, plus i think they look better than burgards, but hey, its your money! ( and my old shocks on there ) so TREAT THEM RIGHT!:macho

gibson400ex
12-12-2003, 02:08 PM
and if you go on www.herrmannracing.com and go under customer's rides you will see our cdale welll you will see the pics of our cdale's a-arms one pic with the shocks covers and the other w/ out

Dave400ex
12-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I think Herrmann and Burgard are both good. If you have to wait just go with the Herrmann. Laeger also has some LT arms priced well. Now if you got a lot of money look at Walsh, Roll, or ArsFX.

12-12-2003, 03:25 PM
hmm...looks the the DC-4 are made a lil better than what i think a bunch of mexicans could make for .02 cents....:rolleyes:...lsr is better by far.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/tcs%20and%20lsr.jpg

Dave400ex
12-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Nacs is that stuff for your 450? Very nice.

QuadR8cer12
12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
blah! LSR sucks!! Roll, or WALSH!! all the way!

Steelcity24
12-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I think that most of the reputable companies make quality parts. ALL of them have their own problems and weaknesses. If you ride hard you will break any of them. Don't think that Walsh or Roll will hold up any better because of their price. They work better as far as handling goes but they will still break. I ripped a Walsh swingarm in half on my 440ex and also bent a Roll steering stem. I can understand the stem bending if ihad crashed hard, but the bike just tipped over and landed on it's back. The stem bent back about 3 inches and to the right about 3 inches! Needless to say I won't be purchasing another one of those. I also had the Lobo front end on the same bike. It worked awesome! It all depends how much you're willing to spend for something that will probably break down the road anyway.

QuadR8cer12
12-13-2003, 10:49 AM
I never said anything about walsh or Roll being stronger. I just know that they are the best handlng set up you can get. I have a set of LSR arms on my 400 right now and I hate em. They handle like crap. and I have riddin with walsh and roll. They are sweeeeeet.

12-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Nacs is that stuff for your 450? Very nice. i wish...i wont be having a front end for a very long time...gotta pay for the quad first