PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for a pipe

foleyit
12-11-2003, 09:45 AM
I read the pipe shoot out that was in Dirtwheels a year ago, and I chose the White Bros e-series exhaust, with an FMF PowerBomb head pipe. The FMF head pipe is cracked where the two pipes join into one. I didn't want to go with FMF again. I was considering the White Bros. I have a good friend at a local that I can get a really good deals on parts. I wanted the White Bros limited edition E-series race system, but they only produce so many a year -- hence "limited" in the name. Unfortunately, my friend can't get a deal on an X-6. What do you all think about the White Bros. R4 system? I am consider the megaphone design in that system.

Here are some of the engine mods:

416 Curtis Sparks kit, 12.5:1 JE pistons
Port & flow head and 3-angle valve job-Full Race
39 FCR Carb
Stage 2 hotcam
WB Rev Box

Stage 2 ho

UglyMotha™
12-11-2003, 09:54 AM
i've got the r-4 pro-meg system on my bike and i've got pretty much similar mods, i've got nothing but good things to say bout this exhaust not to mention i think it's one of the better sounding exhaust too but it would definantly compliment the motor

mxracer111
12-11-2003, 11:57 AM
go with an X-6... you wont regret it....

after all the money youve spent on mods .... whats another lil bit....

cals400ex
12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
the R4 isn't a megaphone is it??

foleyit
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I just stopped by my buddy's shop and picked up the R4. It's not a megaphone design like I thought. It still looked like a solid pipe. The welds on it looked really nice.

cals400ex
12-11-2003, 03:36 PM
i was almost positive it wasn't a megaphone. hope you like your new toy.

UglyMotha™
12-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
the R4 isn't a megaphone is it??

hmmm mine must be a rare breed, but it is a megaphone i can get pics if you like :o :p

foleyit
12-11-2003, 04:16 PM
See, now you have got me wondering what the hell WB gave me. Because in our chat earlier you mentioned that your system came in 3 sections. The so called Pro-Meg R4 system I just picked up was only 2 section. I did however notice that it was the Pro-Meg R4 price.

12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mxracer111
go with an X-6... you wont regret it....

UglyMotha™
12-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
I just stopped by my buddy's shop and picked up the R4. It's not a megaphone design like I thought. It still looked like a solid pipe. The welds on it looked really nice.

you didn't get the pro meg, pm your email addy and i'll take some pics of mine tonight and then i'll email them to you tomorow or i can post them here

cals400ex
12-12-2003, 12:09 AM
now that i think of it, the R4 that i saw was a slip on. if i remember correctly, it looked similar to a big gun silencer. i have been told that if you go with the white brothers to get the pro meg headers.

kenny
12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
i have an r4 muffler and a pro circuit head pipe.i have always liked the r4 i tried a e series it looks a bit cooler to me but doesnt perform as well.i just took my engine apart and have noticed the baffle inside has bent, allowing the extension piece to recess into the muffler.in turn the two springs on the inlet side are loose.its like the muffler is collapsing.i think i am going to drill the rivets tomorrow take it apart and shorten it.also the spark arrestor screen blew apart at the dunes running hard high rs.the pos to this is i called w/b asked if i could buy one.they took my info address etc said they would call me back after locating part.2 days later 1 free arrestor screen.service is top notch.i have not blew arrestor yet .

D11NR
12-12-2003, 09:53 PM
I had a full Big Gun and replaced it with the full R4, I dont regret doing it.

foleyit
12-13-2003, 12:28 AM
I want to say thanks to everyone for all of their feedback. I went ahead with the R4 Pro-Meg system. Actually, I just finished installing it. :D

foleyit
12-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by kenny
pos to this is i called w/b asked if i could buy one.they took my info address etc said they would call me back after locating part.2 days later 1 free arrestor screen.service is top notch.i have not blew arrestor yet .

I agree the White Bros. customer service is great. I was in a local shop one day while the WB rep was there. I told him, I have a bone to pick with him regarding his product. I told him, that I have the WB e-series slip on and it is falling apart at the welds. He said, does your exhaust have the brace on the pipe to the can? I said nope, he told me that they are aware of this problem and that bring it in, and WB will replace it for free. I said that is really cool, I like a rep that takes care of the people that purchase their product. He said Thanks for the compliment, and I have a spare in the van, you can have it.

UglyMotha™
12-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by foleyit
I want to say thanks to everyone for all of their feedback. I went ahead with the R4 Pro-Meg system. Actually, I just finished installing it. :D

so did it turn out to be like mine after you got it outta the box :confused:

foleyit
12-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Hey Jadawg.

The system came in two sections. The directions for the installation mentions to use the springs, spring we're included. But I didn't see any anchor points for the springs. I know for sure that it is isn't the s-bend system though, the pipe diameter is much larger than on my old e-series slip-on system.

UglyMotha™
12-13-2003, 11:49 AM
that's definantly interesting you'll have to get some pics up, ya've got me curious

cals400ex
12-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
hmmm mine must be a rare breed, but it is a megaphone i can get pics if you like :o :p

oh, crap. i was thinking reverse megaphone when you said megaphone. ugly, you probally do have a rare breed. :D