PDA

View Full Version : extended warrenty

exrider2002
12-11-2003, 06:29 AM
when i got my quad my dad got a 6 year extended warrenty. and i was wondering if you could cancel the warrenty becasue i want to do some engine modifactions to my quad and i know that this will void the warrenty?

12-11-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by exrider2002
when i got my quad my dad got a 6 year extended warrenty. and i was wondering if you could cancel the warrenty becasue i want to do some engine modifactions to my quad and i know that this will void the warrenty?

what kind of quad is this that you got the warranty on and what kind of engine work do you want to do?

MOFO
12-11-2003, 06:37 AM
I think you can... I know when I bought my quad the salesman offered some type of warranty. If I did not use it during the warranty period, I would get my money back. Kinda pointless to me because I told him it's not comin back here again. :D

If you have not had any claims, check and see...

MOFO
12-11-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by bobby88
what kind of quad is this that you got the warranty on and what kind of engine work do you want to do?

I would guess he has a 2002 250EX,300EX or 400EX just by looking at his name. Doesnt matter...all Honda warranty's are the same... just a waste of money IMO.

12-11-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I would guess he has a 2002 250EX,300EX or 400EX just by looking at his name. Doesnt matter...all Honda warranty's are the same... just a waste of money IMO.

I agree fully that it is a major waste of money, the only problems people have with hondas are regular stuff that wears out on everything, brakes, chain, sprockets, etc. nothign ever happens majorly.. and if it does it happens right away under the normal warranty that i think is 6 months?. Anyways the point is dont buy a warranty if your going to start modifying it, Or if it is a honda;) :D

chucked
12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
they warranties dont cover much, and if somethign happens that is covered, its a pain in the *** to get them to cover it.

randy_lloyd723
12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
I have a 1986 honda trx-125 and i was riding it one day and all of the sudden it didnt move! I was wondering what the heck happened to it? The transmission goes into gear but then when you try to go it just bogs down like your in too high of a gear! It wont go in reverse or forward

MOFO
12-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by randy_lloyd723
I have a 1986 honda trx-125 and i was riding it one day and all of the sudden it didnt move! I was wondering what the heck happened to it? The transmission goes into gear but then when you try to go it just bogs down like your in too high of a gear! It wont go in reverse or forward

Ummmm wrong topic... :confused:

12-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by randy_lloyd723

LMAO... where did you come from?:p