PDA

View Full Version : opinions in tires for the mini....

QuadJunkies
12-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Anything out there for the mini Quads besides Holeshots? I cant seem to find a good front tire for my sons fronts for his Eton Viper:confused: Im trying to stick with a all around terrain tire rahter than a go kart/slicks for the track. Any ideas? I got him all new Douglas rims and Fast Trekker rears for Christmas and am still debating on front tires. Thanks for any suggestions......:)

300exOH
12-11-2003, 07:33 AM
You may want to try www.hetrickracing.com. I don't know if they offer anything besides holeshots or not but if they do I would think they can hook you up. Let us know if you do find anything else. I'll be getting some for our scrambler 90 in the spring. Good luck!

jtej
12-11-2003, 08:36 AM
check at a lawn a garden store, many of the snow blowers and such have the same sized tires on them. I know that i've seen holeshots, mini sur-traks and a few other variations on different machines. Just a thought.

dirtmomma
12-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Tina try this website, ww.muellertires.com they are good to work w/ & have alot of different tires, paddles,knobbies,garden ect. this is where we got our blaster rear flattrack tires & Ron's Razr's the shipping isn't too bad either I think I paid $20 for 4 tires shipped:)

QuadJunkies
12-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jtej
check at a lawn a garden store, many of the snow blowers and such have the same sized tires on them. I know that i've seen holeshots, mini sur-traks and a few other variations on different machines. Just a thought. thats what I was told. Actually I would like the same size as the Hoeshots, but would like a dif tread pattern to try. Anyone familiar with Kenda Pathfinders? We have them on his rear right nwo, I was thinking of maybe running them on the front since they are so small. They have a slight V pattern in the center. Ill have to try and find a pic of it and who you all...... THANKS DIRTMOMMA! Ill check it out.........:) Weird....... the Hoelshot is THE ONLY tire that size I can LITERALLY find..:huh :confused:

seven
12-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Get him a set of Nacs grooved radials! They run 19-6-10. At only 75$ a pop you cant go wrong:D

metalman101
12-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Check out this link, http://raptor80racing.com/products.html
they have some pretty good mini tires

Joe

dirtmomma
12-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by metalman101
Check out this link, http://raptor80racing.com/products.html
they have some pretty good mini tires

Joe
Thats a pretty good site may have to remember that for our mini's. We just got the new rear axle,tires,wheels,hydrolic brake for our Condor now he just needs to get on it & ride it!!! Can't wait to see him out on the track................I think LOL

Hoggr9
12-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Check www.rockymountainatv.com or www.treaddepot.com
We run Titan Fast Trekkers front and rear on our TRX90.
The fronts work pretty good except that that do catch the ruts a little worse than a more rounded tire.

QuadJunkies
12-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Hoggr9
Check www.rockymountainatv.com or www.treaddepot.com
We run Titan Fast Trekkers front and rear on our TRX90.
The fronts work pretty good except that that do catch the ruts a little worse than a more rounded tire. only problem with Fast Trekker fronts is that they arent making them anoymoe until spring due to a warehouse being built I guess:( I would like a set if I could find them:) I really am happy with the rears on my Girls mini..... anyone seen any fronts in stock anywhere?? RMATV dont have anytihng but holeshots in stock. Thanks for the links guys a gals!

QuadJunkies
12-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by seven
Get him a set of Nacs grooved radials! They run 19-6-10. At only 75$ a pop you cant go wrong:D 75.00 each:eek2: that would be pretty tight though!!!!! hmmmmmmm...

dirtmomma
12-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
75.00 each:eek2: that would be pretty tight though!!!!! hmmmmmmm...
Just don't take him riding in the mudd!!;)

QuadJunkies
12-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Just don't take him riding in the mudd!!;) I rode mine on the MX once when it was muddy. OMG.. They suck *** :o I sure like mine on the indoor though:)

dirtmomma
12-12-2003, 05:57 PM
I rode mine on the MX once when it was muddy. OMG.. They suck *** :o I sure like mine on the indoor though:)

Yeah def nice on the flattrack, haven't rode w/ them onthe scrambles yet. I HATE the radials in the mudd & am VERY happy I kept my stock tires on rims for the trails:cool: , cuz thats about all we ride in it seems like.............................ahhhhh the gret NW:rolleyes:

Woodsrider
12-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Tina try Les Schwab, You might be suprised what they can get, and at a reasonable price too;)

JOEX
12-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Tina try Les Schwab, You might be suprised what they can get, and at a reasonable price too;)
I have heard that Les Schwab had good deals on ATV tires, I usually buy me auto tires there. I asked them once about ATV tires and they gave me the MSRP:( I also went there to have some tire only dismounted and they charged me $10 each:( I did got there to have one pluged and it was no charge.

I guess it depends on who you get for a sales person.....:confused:

Joe

QuadJunkies
12-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Tina try Les Schwab, You might be suprised what they can get, and at a reasonable price too;) actually,that is exactly what I did this time. They have been so good in the past for sponsoring us that I decided to spend some $$$ with them this time.:) We got the Fast Trekker rears and the rims from them

foleyit
12-13-2003, 01:45 AM
My friend and I bought two used LT80s for our kids. Both needed rims and tires bad, and purchased completely different front setups.

I went with Fast Trekkers front and rear. The fronts were on douglas rims 8x7, tire size 20x7x8, and the rears douglas rims 8x9.5, rear tire size 13x9.5x8.

Now my buddy has the same rears as I do, but his fronts are different. He went with a douglas rim size of 10x7, with some holeshots 20x7x10.

There was a huge difference in the both of the front tire setups. The Trekker had tread on the tire that will outlast the life of the bike. They are very meaty tires and of course a lot of sidewall. While, the 10" front rim and holeshots look a lot nicer, and are shorter in height due to the tread on the Trekkers.

We bought our rims and tires from http://rockymountainatv.com

I hope that this helps you out.

QuadJunkies
12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
My friend and I bought two used LT80s for our kids. Both needed rims and tires bad, and purchased completely different front setups.

I went with Fast Trekkers front and rear. The fronts were on douglas rims 8x7, tire size 20x7x8, and the rears douglas rims 8x9.5, rear tire size 13x9.5x8.

Now my buddy has the same rears as I do, but his fronts are different. He went with a douglas rim size of 10x7, with some holeshots 20x7x10.

There was a huge difference in the both of the front tire setups. The Trekker had tread on the tire that will outlast the life of the bike. They are very meaty tires and of course a lot of sidewall. While, the 10" front rim and holeshots look a lot nicer, and are shorter in height due to the tread on the Trekkers.

We bought our rims and tires from http://rockymountainatv.com

I hope that this helps you out. Thank you for the info.;) I think Ill just stick with the holeshots for now since Im pressed for time for Christmas,I think the Fast Trekkers are great on the rears!!:cool: My Daughter has had no tip with her set up.....

Woodsrider
12-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Tina, can you show me a pic of the fast trekkers you have on the Kasea. The first upgrade to our new skyhawk will be a real set of tires. Just not sure which ones yet.

Woodsrider
12-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have heard that Les Schwab had good deals on ATV tires, I usually buy me auto tires there. I asked them once about ATV tires and they gave me the MSRP:( I also went there to have some tire only dismounted and they charged me $10 each:( I did got there to have one pluged and it was no charge.

I guess it depends on who you get for a sales person.....:confused:

Joe

that is where I bought the Razrs I have on the front, they were cheaper than online, after you add shipping, and the mounting was free. The Razrs on the rear I bought mounted on ITP .190 wheels from Chapperal, I think. But I did that to get a set of wheels to mount paddles on. ( Don't ask, too much to type). The paddles I got at Cycle gear on sale.

QuadJunkies
12-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Tina, can you show me a pic of the fast trekkers you have on the Kasea. The first upgrade to our new skyhawk will be a real set of tires. Just not sure which ones yet. Hope these work for ya. I dont have any really close up ones. They area great tire on the minis...:) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pc0f3b7955cbacf7b005643af539fed00/fc83ea97.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-14-2003, 11:33 AM
herss a close up one of the tread pattern http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pf889e1f856b99078023bddc006a44bac/fc83eaef.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-14-2003, 11:35 AM
anotherhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p59fb0bf3c98d1f7cf255867b5a65b0b3/fcd379ab.jpg

300exOH
12-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Hope these work for ya. I dont have any really close up ones. They area great tire on the minis...:) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pc0f3b7955cbacf7b005643af539fed00/fc83ea97.jpg

Where did you get those graphics? Those are awesome! We would like to find some for our lil scrambler 90. It would look like mom's bike then!

dirtmomma
12-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Where did you get those graphics? Those are awesome! We would like to find some for our lil scrambler 90. It would look like mom's bike then!

Think she had em custom made ;)

bigbadbrad
12-14-2003, 04:38 PM
how about razr mx or klaw mxf? they have those in 19x6x10, and 20x6x10

Woodsrider
12-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks QJ how do those work in the sand for the kids?

We went riding today for a while, man were the kids wishing they had a quad to ride:rolleyes: LOL at one point we were in the shop warmin up, when Kayla was leaning against a plywood board that is blocking them in so the kids cant get to the tarp that is covering them up:D :D LOL I just told her to "keep wishin":devil:

QuadJunkies
12-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Where did you get those graphics? Those are awesome! We would like to find some for our lil scrambler 90. It would look like mom's bike then! I designed them, then had a printing Co. print them up for me.:) I done a set for my 300ex as well...;)

QuadJunkies
12-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks QJ how do those work in the sand for the kids?

We went riding today for a while, man were the kids wishing they had a quad to ride:rolleyes: LOL at one point we were in the shop warmin up, when Kayla was leaning against a plywood board that is blocking them in so the kids cant get to the tarp that is covering them up:D :D LOL I just told her to "keep wishin":devil: she has never once got stick with them at our local riding spot,so far they work great!

QuadJunkies
12-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
how about razr mx or klaw mxf? they have those in 19x6x10, and 20x6x10 a 19 incher would be the biggest I would want to go, Ill have to see if its avail. in that size. Thanks!:)