PDA

View Full Version : xc in washington

400exride.red
12-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Just a quick ? I want too race a hare scramble or cross country gncc type race but i live in wa and have heard no news any where about possible races just a few mx races not xc. When i went too the motercycle show the AMA booth told me nothing was available and just mx was out there any ideas?? Also where is a good place too ride around pierce county?

LazeR
12-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Im the same way! But i live here in oregon! i would love to see some GNCC type races come to the northwest!

AndreS
12-11-2003, 03:09 AM
i hear what you are saying... i races some scrambles & GP and will be going to as many WORCS races as i can afford.

there is a group in WA that wants to start running some harescrambles for quads. the WA quad riders association holds a couple quad only poker runs, and is trying to do it set up some ATV scrambles... it takes time & having enough dedicated people to run it & race it. it's been my experience that atv events will bring people IF they know about it... which means getting teh word out... and that seems to be teh most difficult thing.

another group that is brand new is the PNWQRA pacific northwest quad racers association.... bob latimar is the main man in charge & thier purpose is to help get the word out on events of all types for quads... and promote quad racing, get tracks to run them, etc...

check out www.quadsonly.com it's a website set up by jeff bocook, a local pro quad rider. it has a forum & event calendar (events on it are mainly MX)

JANUARY 1ST- there is a hare scramble at washougal put on by the jones creek trail riders association with a quad class... its a muddy mess traditionally & properly named the 'hangover hare scrambles.' here's a link to the FLYER (http://www.jonescreektrailriders.org/events/2004/hangover2004/2004_Hangover_Flyer.pdf)

400exride.red
12-11-2003, 10:05 PM
thanks andre you are extreemly help ful sounds like there is hope for northwest any body else??