PDA

View Full Version : Hetrick 416 kit

exrider123
12-10-2003, 07:34 PM
To anyone with a hetrick 416 or who has ridden a 400 with one how is is? Depending on how this thread goes I think i'm going to get the 416 and have them install it here is what it has-

Besides what is listed would I need anything else or any add ons that are worth it?

Hetrick Racing Engine Kit Prices
Retail

Hetrick 416, 425, 440 Kits for Honda 400ex

Web Cam – 450/451 Grind (other cams available at request)
$160.

Gaskets – Head

Base
$16.07

$7.31

Labor if motor is shipped
$150.

Bore Cylinder
$40.

Total with Ross Racing or JE Piston 416/426 (includes all above items)
$505.33

Total with Wiseco Piston 416/425 (includes all above items)
$472.08

***Add on's***

Full Race Port Job
Add $175.

Hetrick Racing Pipe and Silencer Kit
Add $439.

38mm Lectron Carburetor
Add $289.

39mm or 41mm FCR Carburetor
Add $485.

Heavy Duty Stud Kit
Add $85.

High Rev CDI Box (Unlimited RPM)
Add $129.

Uni Foam Air Filter
Add $25

Heavy Duty Cam Chain
Add $100

12-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Respectable builder for sure. I say go for it.:cool:

12-10-2003, 08:39 PM
the FCR seems a bit pricey...u can get that from sparks or c&d pre jetted with thumb throttle cable...sparks is $450 and i dunno what c&d is...only thing i ordered from them was handguards cuz their site doesnt load for me :(...plus i have never dealt with them till now...and sparks has never done me wrong :D

JD400exrider
12-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
the FCR seems a bit pricey...u can get that from sparks or c&d pre jetted with thumb throttle cable...sparks is $450 and i dunno what c&d is...only thing i ordered from them was handguards cuz their site doesnt load for me :(...plus i have never dealt with them till now...and sparks has never done me wrong :D

C&D is cheeper on the fcr 39 with the adjustable fuel screw. I aggree sparks has never let me down either. But chit supporting C&D supports this site. They have a phone. You can call them. What did you do before the internet. :rolleyes:

exrider123
12-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
C&D is cheeper on the fcr 39 with the adjustable fuel screw. I aggree sparks has never let me down either. But chit supporting C&D supports this site. They have a phone. You can call them. What did you do before the internet. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX

Right now I cant afford a FCR only the kit:( . But i'll have one by the end of the winter:D .

Anybody have anything else to say about the kit?

12-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider

i wouldnt kno...havent been without the net :D

foleyit
12-11-2003, 04:25 PM
I don't know about Hetrick's 416 kit. I can however speak for Curtis Sparks 416, and I can't say enough good things about it. One of the things you want to consider on your 416 is your piston compression. I'm running 12.5:1, and it runs goood. Of course, with higher compression comes having to run higher octane fuel more money spent.

Doibugu2
12-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
I don't know about Hetrick's 416 kit. I can however speak for Curtis Sparks 416, and I can't say enough good things about it. One of the things you want to consider on your 416 is your piston compression. I'm running 12.5:1, and it runs goood. Of course, with higher compression comes having to run higher octane fuel more money spent.

Why did you go with the hotcams cam, instead of one of CS's cam's?

foleyit
12-11-2003, 04:59 PM
The only reason why I am running a hotcam cam vs. a CS cam is that I upgraded my quad in stages. The cam purchase just came before the piston and carb. I had spoke with Jeff and Scott about my setup and they felt that the added expense for a new cam was not justifiable. That is one of the nicest things I can say about CS they are not eager to make a sell, as much as they are there to help.

I wanted to see what all the benefits we're in each purchase. Granted each hop-up compliments the other. The order of my hop-ups are:

Phase 1: Filter and Jet kit, then E-series, then headpipe.
Phase 2: the Stage 2 hotcam and porting and angle job airbox
Phase 3: modified carb
Phase 4: CS 416 kit
Phase 5: 39 FCR carb

I ran with Phase 3 for about 8 mos., and pretty satisfied with the performance. But got tired of catching all of the sand while riding with friends. Now at phase 5, I'm not catching as much sand.

Doibugu2
12-11-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm at stage 1 right now, and plan on jumping to stage 5 this winter.

The big hold up is the cam. I just don't know which one to buy. Everyone says there is the best, but I wish I truely new which one I should get.

I been leaning towards CS, but I'm unsure it the price justifies it.

Thanks for the good response.

foleyit
12-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Are you going to straight to the carb upgrade? I don't know what other hop-ups you have made other than the stage 1, but that carb either way is a great investment. It's a definite keeper!

I went with the Stage 2 instead of Stage 1. I don't ride of a lot of close track or tight trails. Also, I felt that the 400ex had some bottom end to lose and more mid and top to gain.

12-11-2003, 05:18 PM
I"d be willing to bet the hetrick 416 kit runs just as fast as the sparks...:blah:

Hetricks turn around time is probably less than 3 weeks compared to sparks 5 month..:o

I'm not knockin sparks, I have several sparks products in my motor, i'm just being realistic..:)

Tommy 17
12-11-2003, 08:30 PM
i've seen quiet a few hetricks motors at local races and they all fly... i personally don't have any seat time but i know they are a good builder from talkin to people who have owned them...

hetricks is only a hour north of me thats why there is alot of them around here... he was #2 on my list of motor builders... i had a local guy do mine 1st thou...

Dave400ex
12-11-2003, 08:33 PM
CBRSlider has the Hetrick kit and likes it a lot.

TT 400ex
12-13-2003, 12:32 AM
rico i have respect for you. but i dont think a hetricks motor can keep up with a sparks motor. i have a fuul sparks 416 done by curtis himself the thing flat out flies.i know many people say they have sparks motors but he didnt do them port and flow makes a big difference. im out west so iv never ran against a a hetricks motor but is you look a all the four strokes wars sparks always wins and everybody goes after him and they have no success. just to giove you an idea how fast cs 416 is i race and theres a guy with a esr310 and we run real close. i race tt and everyone is pretty impressed with this bike just my 2 cents sence i have a 3500$ curtis sparks engine. for the money hetricks is probably the better deal.

Doibugu2
12-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by foleyit
Are you going to straight to the carb upgrade? I don't know what other hop-ups you have made other than the stage 1, but that carb either way is a great investment. It's a definite keeper!

I went with the Stage 2 instead of Stage 1. I don't ride of a lot of close track or tight trails. Also, I felt that the 400ex had some bottom end to lose and more mid and top to gain.

I meant skipping from stage 1 on your list to stage 5 on your list. I plan on doing everything all at once. That is why I was curious as to why you had the hot cam.

coryatver
12-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Where is hetrick racing at?

exrider123
12-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Where is hetrick racing at?

http://www.hetrickracing.com

There located in Seneca, PA.