PDA

View Full Version : maxxis 4-snow tires

exrider123
12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
I am in need of some snow tires badly so I was wondering how the maxxis 4-snow tires are, so far all I have heard is great things about them. Can anyone help?

exrider123
12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
bump

ReconRider25
12-11-2003, 02:09 PM
just get some mudlites or dirtdevils instead. then you can use them during other parts of the year too, and will get just as much traction

honda92
12-12-2003, 07:51 PM
mine just came today, they look awesome but i havnt had a chance to try them yet. all i have heard are good things and that nothing compares to them in the snow

exrider123
12-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by honda92
mine just came today, they look awesome but i havnt had a chance to try them yet. all i have heard are good things and that nothing compares to them in the snow

When you get a chance to ride with them make a post or thread about how they were.

FBRacing76
12-12-2003, 10:25 PM
I don't no much about them in the snow but a lot of the drag banshees at our local drag strip one them an they do awesome n loose dirt/sand mixed. I heard there can be used as Sand Tires, Snow Tires, Mudd Tires, and I guess them coming into the atv drag racing world now to. They seem like some pretty good tires all around!

300expower
12-13-2003, 06:25 AM
i've got pro wedge II, probably you'll say it's the same thing, except the pro wedge II have a little more traction. but if you get 4 snow it'S good too,.

i got 22 tamers, i tried them in 1 foot of snow then switched too the pro wedge:eek2:

it'S like switching from a snow tire to a slick on a car:blah: :blah:

nyway it's your choice, and i woulnd recommend mudlite or dirt ****ty's unless your summer tires are dead, but just buy some 18' tamers and a pair of snow shoes like 4 snow or prowedge II on rims, your gonna be on the way!:macho :macho

honda92
12-18-2003, 07:01 PM
just tried mine for the first time in with the tread going the less aggressive way, wow thats all i can say. a iced/snow packed parking lot i could wheelie without a problem and i couldnt get the front end up before when i had my razrs on. on the lake they are great too, with a inch of snow on the top of the ice its just a little slipperier (dont know if that is a word or not) that loose gravel. and when you get on some snowmobile tracks and there is like 8 inches of snow they get awesome traction. hope i have helped

hondarider2006
12-19-2003, 12:46 AM
I was thinking about getting some 4 snow tires...but I need a good tire for winter and summer, so I got some holeshot XCR's for cheap, they do good in the snow, but I haven't had a chance to ride in them in the summer yet...;)

J-Nubs
12-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by honda92
just tried mine for the first time in with the tread going the less aggressive way, wow thats all i can say. a iced/snow packed parking lot i could wheelie without a problem and i couldnt get the front end up before when i had my razrs on. on the lake they are great too, with a inch of snow on the top of the ice its just a little slipperier (dont know if that is a word or not) that loose gravel. and when you get on some snowmobile tracks and there is like 8 inches of snow they get awesome traction. hope i have helped

is there any way to wheelie on ice ?

zfire_28
12-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by J-Nubs
is there any way to wheelie on ice ?

yes.....................studs;)

Chanman420q
12-26-2003, 10:29 AM
ive got 20'' maxxis razrs and as long as the snow isnt super soft, i have no trouble gettin threw

sweet300ex
12-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
ive got 20'' maxxis razrs and as long as the snow isnt super soft, i have no trouble gettin threw
same here;)

J-Nubs
12-28-2003, 04:43 PM
is there any front tire made specifically for snow and ice ?