PDA

View Full Version : carbs

ExVillin400
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
does anyone here have an eddlebrock carb or have some sort of aftermarket carb on their 400ex? how do you like it? what did it increase? thanks.

12-10-2003, 03:00 PM
i have an FCR 39mm...good gains...especially in mid and top...no loss of low end...maybe a slight gain...its an awsome carb...good thing to have...i like it a lot :D

ExVillin400
12-10-2003, 03:05 PM
IS THERE SOME WHERE I CAN LOOK THAT UP? CAUSE I WAS THINKING OF DOING ENGINE WORK BUT NOW IM LOOKING INTO CARBS. THANKS

12-10-2003, 03:10 PM
www.sparksracing.com and the best thing is...their FCR 39mm may cost more...but you get the throttle cable to mount it to the stock thumb throttle and it comes pre jetted and set up for your bike...go to sparks site to learn a little more about it...or call them up and speak to jeff or scott...both of them are good with 400ex's...jeff owns his own 400ex with almost the same mods as mine but hes running 12.5:1 compression and some other things...other places sell them also...but if you dont want twist throttle i would order it from sparks because in the end you will save money on the jetting and on buying the thumb throttle cable seperate

H_W
12-10-2003, 03:19 PM
I love my FCR 39mm carb. I got it from C & D Racing, the site sponsor, and it came with a throttle cable also. I told them what all I had done to my 400 and they set it up for me. All I had to do was adjust the air/fuel mixture screw alittle. It gave a very good gain from bottom to top end. It was a night and day difference.

hondafox440
12-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
www.sparksracing.com and the best thing is...their FCR 39mm may cost more...but you get the throttle cable to mount it to the stock thumb throttle and it comes pre jetted and set up for your bike...go to sparks site to learn a little more about it...or call them up and speak to jeff or scott...both of them are good with 400ex's...jeff owns his own 400ex with almost the same mods as mine but hes running 12.5:1 compression and some other things...other places sell them also...but if you dont want twist throttle i would order it from sparks because in the end you will save money on the jetting and on buying the thumb throttle cable seperate

Christ dude shorten your signature up..

12-10-2003, 05:28 PM
lol...y?

cals400ex
12-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Christ dude shorten your signature up..

i am with you on that one. i have to scroll down a 1/2 page to see the next post.

did you already get the fcr carb put on honda racer??

12-11-2003, 03:52 PM
nope...it should be here in about 4 days...im jus telling people what i have heard from sparks and some fellow ex riders i speak to about the carb...jeff (at sparks) has his 400ex with a FCR on it...he was telling me about it and how it performed and the gains and where they were...so thats what i speak of atm...plus i just came in from riding for a totall of 3 minutes...its freakin cold out there :eek2:

cals400ex
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
i have an FCR 39mm...good gains...especially in mid and top...no loss of low end...maybe a slight gain...its an awsome carb...good thing to have...i like it a lot :D

how do you know you like it a lot if it isn't in yet??

12-11-2003, 04:07 PM
cuz i road a friends bike that had it...didnt have same mods as me...so i am just waiting till it gets here to stick that bad boy on :devil:

K_Fulk
12-11-2003, 04:26 PM
I had an edelbrock and got rid of it and got a fcr39. Both made more power but the fcr made more. And you don't have to grind your throttle with the fcr.

cals400ex
12-12-2003, 12:06 AM
did anyone consider the 41mm fcr??

desratt
12-13-2003, 12:33 AM
i prefer the edelbrock, it is a little tempermental on condensation in race gas and dirt but the power is there

hook
12-13-2003, 09:07 AM
I got a 41mm fcr on my bike. And it did just much for mine as the engine mods did. Carb does come prejetted but as always everyone is not jetted the same. The carb does real good job n the woods and drags would not have anything different. I have had mine onfor about 6 months. :devil:

bmw500hp
12-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by hook
I got a 41mm fcr on my bike. And it did just much for mine as the engine mods did. Carb does come prejetted but as always everyone is not jetted the same. The carb does real good job n the woods and drags would not have anything different. I have had mine onfor about 6 months. :devil:

Hey Hook:

Curious as why you went the route of a 41 vs 39 on your 416...?

Also noticed in your sig you run VP's Ultimate 4. How's the quad do on Ultimate 4 vs your typical race gas...?

tnx
Mike

hook
12-13-2003, 10:16 AM
41 seems like i got alittle more power an top end than the 39 . test was done on 300ft dirtdrags this last summer. will be putting it on dyno this winter for sure. the ulti 4 fuel believe it r not produces 4-6 hp by it self with a built motor that was done on a dyno at finishline motorcycles.:devil:

12-13-2003, 07:46 PM
i got my high rev CDI and FCR39mm in the mail today from sparks...ill be putting it on tomorrow...it looks damn trick...ill tell u guys how it does...of course...the test will be done in 1 foot snow lol

JustRace
12-14-2003, 09:36 AM
I love my edelbrock carb, i have had no problems with mine when running racing fuel (thats all I run). As far as the throttle. To avoid grinding anything you can get a warrior throttle housing, or you can just go with the twist throttle version of the carb. I have a graph in one of the atv sport magazines that did a carb shoot out. The edelbrock was actually the only carb to make more low end power than stock, but both FCR carbs have more top end power than the edelbrock. Anything is better than stock, and if I had to do it all over again, I would just get the best deal I could get on either the FCR or Edelbrock.

desratt
12-14-2003, 09:50 AM
like i said i run the edlelbrock.
they also have a carb they call the doug eichner signiture carb. it is bigger. and specifically built for extensively moded 400ex's
i have a trinity 465. for moto i don't even run an air box just clamp on a filter. but anything that lasts much over an hour(desert) i put the air box on and i step down to the normal edelbrock. my elevation is almost 7,000 ft. edel brocks are supposedly altitude self adjusting. i run VP motorsport 103 my compression is 10.5:1 and it is a holeshot machine.

i have some extra edelbrock carbs i would sell. i would sell the 2 stock carbs too.

bmw500hp
12-14-2003, 10:47 AM
i got my high rev CDI and FCR39mm in the mail today from sparks...ill be putting it on tomorrow...it looks damn trick...ill tell u guys how it does...of course...the test will be done in 1 foot snow lol

lucky chit :blah: