PDA

View Full Version : WB E-Series S-Bend Question!

LazeR
12-10-2003, 02:47 PM
If i wheelie and fall back on my grab bar with a WB E-Series S-Bend Slip-on will it touch or have a chance of bending, getting dinged up?

UglyMotha™
12-10-2003, 02:48 PM
yup, least mine did when i had the e-series the bottom of all the disks were all dented up

LazeR
12-10-2003, 02:54 PM
thanx

Well that sucks.....do you know of any other good slip-ons that wouldn't have that problem?

EX_Junkie
12-10-2003, 05:29 PM
I have the pro circuit t-4 and it hasn't hit yet. I dug the bar in the dirt the other day pretty deep and it still didn't hit.

dannyboy20
12-10-2003, 05:30 PM
just get a different end cap for the e-series. thats what i did.

Juggalo
12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
my r-4 is ok when the bar touches the ground

LazeR
12-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
just get a different end cap for the e-series. thats what i did.

Different end cap? why? and where would i get one?

JOEX
12-10-2003, 10:18 PM
On a hard surface, i.e. concrete, there is about 1/2" clearence. If you get on a softer surface where the grab bar might dig into the ground the the pipe will hit the ground as well. I've tipped mine back a couple of times in the sand and the discs got sand in them but no damage.

Most major ATV suppliers should have or be able to get the end caps.

Joe

LazeR
12-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
On a hard surface, i.e. concrete, there is about 1/2" clearence. If you get on a softer surface where the grab bar might dig into the ground the the pipe will hit the ground as well. I've tipped mine back a couple of times in the sand and the discs got sand in them but no damage.

Most major ATV suppliers should have or be able to get the end caps.

Joe

i like that response alot better :D Hopefully i will get my slip on sooN!

JOEX
12-10-2003, 11:45 PM
There have been a few in the for sale section here lately, might want to dig through there. There were some deals.....;)

Joe

hondarider2006
12-10-2003, 11:47 PM
If you are ordering a wb, you might also want to order a welder, my pipe mounts cracked all over, and I think a lot of peoples wb on here have;)

RED121572
12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
I rolled mine over backwards on a hill climb last spring. The tip of my exhaust got a little scuffed. No biggie.

LazeR
12-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Thanx for everyones input....i still think im gonna go with the WB Slip-on seems to be the best one for me and my area!

airheadedduner
12-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
If you are ordering a wb, you might also want to order a welder, my pipe mounts cracked all over, and I think a lot of peoples wb on here have;)
I have been hit from behind in 1st corner pile ups, cartwheeled the bike multiple times, beat the silencer to death with my caliper, and broke the swingarm on a jump and dropped the whole bike on the silencer and airbox. No cracks yet;) I don't see how people are cracking them from regular use.

JOEX
12-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I have been hit from behind in 1st corner pile ups, cartwheeled the bike multiple times, beat the silencer to death with my caliper, and broke the swingarm on a jump and dropped the whole bike on the silencer and airbox. No cracks yet;) I don't see how people are cracking them from regular use.
I have ben wondering the samething. Maybe it is improper installation? I bought my quad used in 2001 with the E-series already installed and have had no problems.

I do think a rubber bushing where the silencer mounts to the sub frame might help. WB did add a bracket on the newer ones at the rear of the silencer, so it seems to be there is a defect in the original set up.

Joe

LazeR
12-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner

Damn dude im thinking you should be a Pipe durability tester lol! Im not to worried about it.....ive heard more instances of it being fine and just a few of it cracking....I still think im going with it! Hopefully will have one at christmas :D

RIDER11X
12-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
thanx

Well that sucks.....do you know of any other good slip-ons that wouldn't have that problem?

Well there is the TC pipe! If it hits, you probably are missing your subframe!:D
My CT will touch slightly on the ground with the grab bar too, but the performance is worth it. I often wondered why they make pipes sooooooo long.........I hate taking a whack on a $300 silencer in a race, but if it gets hit badly, I'll just shorten it because I can't screw it up at that point!:D

LazeR
12-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Well there is the TC pipe! If it hits, you probably are missing your subframe!:D
My CT will touch slightly on the ground with the grab bar too, but the performance is worth it. I often wondered why they make pipes sooooooo long.........I hate taking a whack on a $300 silencer in a race, but if it gets hit badly, I'll just shorten it because I can't screw it up at that point!:D

Only problem is that i gotta hush it up to about 93db's for when i go to the dunes in the summer!

foleyit
12-13-2003, 12:49 AM
I want to add my .02 cents to this thread. I originally has the WB e-series s-bend exhaust on my quad. I never had any problems with my end cap getting scratch or scuffed. I've had it tip on the grab bar in both sand and dirt and no scrath either.

My second comment is regarding what I think hondarider commented regarding the welds in his e-serie exhaust. My very first WB e-series s-bend exhaust broke it's welds where the s-bend meets the exhaust. Litterally only hanging by the bolt on the exhaust. I had welded it once, figured because I had rode it hard. After it broke a second time I thought to myself what a piece of s*it. I went into the shop to buy another product. The WB rep was there and I told him that I had a bone to pick with him regarding his e-series. I explained to him what the problem was with the exhaust, and he replied that it was a known defect that has been correct by putting a brace on the pipe to the exhaust. I should bring it in next time and they will replace it. I said that is really nice to know that WB stands behind their product. Then he says, I think I might have one in the van, if so, it's yours. So if you get one without the brace try and get it replaced. Because I think the chances are that it will break.

Now that I have an R4 Pro-Meg system, I have a good working e-series for sale. I switched because FMF Powerhead pipe cracked.

RIDER11X
12-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
Only problem is that i gotta hush it up to about 93db's for when i go to the dunes in the summer!

93db? :eek: That is awful conservitive.:huh My CT is 102db, I'd never pass that test! A 400ex stock is 88db!:(

hondarider2006
12-13-2003, 12:43 PM
I have one of the newer e-series and that new braket that they put on there is what cracked all over. I know I installed it right...My friend down the road also had his e-series crack on him, so maybe its something to do with the cold weather?:blah:

LazeR
12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
I have one of the newer e-series and that new braket that they put on there is what cracked all over. I know I installed it right...My friend down the road also had his e-series crack on him, so maybe its something to do with the cold weather?:blah:

Thats nuts in that pic! I'd be pissed if mine did that! You talk to WB about it?

foleyit
12-13-2003, 11:43 PM

That pic is very upsetting as a consumer. Not that this should make a difference, but do you and your friend jump alot? Someone had asked me that very question when I questioned why my FMF Powerbomb headpipe cracked.

RIDER11X
12-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by foleyit
That pic is very upsetting as a consumer. Not that this should make a difference, but do you and your friend jump alot? Someone had asked me that very question when I questioned why my FMF Powerbomb headpipe cracked.

It really baffles me(no pun intended) as to what White Bros. is thinking on this issue. This is a KNOWN problem, and as a company that markets race parts, they need to step up to the plate and redesign this silencer to withstand the intended use one RACE machines. I don't care what riding you do, it should last without breaking, unless you outright abuse the product. I would Email them with your problem, and link it to forums about this issue and see what they say then.:grr:

JOEX
12-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Where did your Powerbomb crack at? I belive Ricos Powerbomb cracked as well but I do not remember where, wonder if it's the same place?

Joe

foleyit
12-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Where did your Powerbomb crack at? I belive Ricos Powerbomb cracked as well but I do not remember where, wonder if it's the same place?

Joe

The location of the crack is where the two pipes turn into 1 right before the Bomb.

12-14-2003, 10:17 AM
my cobra is doing btter than all your white brothers pipes :blah:

hondarider2006
12-15-2003, 12:37 AM

I do jump some what, but I don't hit anything extremly large. The 60ft table at the track a few times this summer was the largest jump I have hit yet. That one mount that I have circled was the first thing to crack, and than after that everything went. I found a guy to weld it for me, and he did. After He welded it, it also fixed that exaust leak that a lot of people(including me) that comes out the rear of the silencer. Hopefuly this will hold up for a while, and if it continues to crack, a new HMF or Sparks is going to find itself on my 400:devil: :macho

RIDER11X
12-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
my cobra is doing btter than all your white brothers pipes :blah:

Cobra 4-stroke system (2/5 stars) *super loud, very little performance*

You said it for me in your sig I guess.:D I had one, they are slightly better than a coffee can for a silencer. :eek: :D

No flame intended, just can't think on a worse pipe to put on a quad.:cool: