PDA

View Full Version : trx 450r elka's

Colby@C&DRacing
12-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Just got off the phone with elka about the trx450r shocks. They have just returned from CA where they were testing shocks for the honda. They are getting 11.5" of travel out of the front with stock arms and 10'' out of the rear with the stock linkage and 11" of travel with a new prototype linkage. the shocks are 17 to 17.25 inches long in the front they are waiting for there engineer to return for the final details.

P.S. I asked him about the performance of the bike and he said it ran just like the new yfz450. So the compitetion is going to be tight:)

Bad Habit
12-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Wow, that's incredible. Did they give any indication how they are getting 3 extra inches of travel on the front? I know that compression adjust only (no rebound adjust) usually gives you an extra inch, but where did the other two come from? Was Honda conservative on the specs? Or did Elka use some of that magical Canadian fairy dust?:D J/K

I'm assuming these will be triple rate with SSD?

AlaskaSpeed
12-10-2003, 06:17 PM
:cool:

Dave400ex
12-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Elka is really making the rear suspension work with their linkage setups on all quads.

12-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Elka's R&D dept. actually works and tries to improve their shocks. They don't just rely on what has worked in years past as other companies have. Not knocking other companies, there's plenty of good shocks on the market, but they still sell the technology that they've used for years. Yes it works and why change it?? I guess the same reason applies on why not change it? Why not try to improve on an already great product. Hats off to elka for experimenting and trying to develop better shocks with today's ever growing technology..:cool:

cdalejef
12-11-2003, 07:08 AM
I got to go to the Elka factory this summer and it was amazing. You won't believe the new technology for shocks that they are working on! :eek2:
I think they have at least one of every new quad in their warehouse for testing! Their testing track is brutal :huh

300expower
12-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I got to go to the Elka factory this summer and it was amazing. You won't believe the new technology for shocks that they are working on! :eek2:
I think they have at least one of every new quad in their warehouse for testing! Their testing track is brutal :huh

you went in quebec to see elka shop? damn you were really wanting to see this,

i got there too, and it's so nice they showed us all the machines, how they work ,and they took the time to explain us every spec of each shock, really nice guy.

thomez
12-12-2003, 08:15 AM
I looked at the Elka website while I was waiting to bid on my quadrates I got off Ebay ( :devil: ) and the guys they have working there look my age (20s) - looks like a bunch of computer whiz kids and engineers fresh out of college. To me that meant fresh ideas and designs, innovative new products, and overall quality. Needless to say, I got me sum quadrates. Go Elka! :cool:

400exBro
12-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Elka is a good company, best turn around time, they always answer your questions, 2 weeks for a set of shocks, someone is always there to answer phones(durning business hours)..
I deffently recommend them to anybody, i can't wait to try this new rear linkage out on the track, a lot of people have talked highly about it.
Keep up the good work elka!