PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Iowa Cross Country Series

cinigen9
12-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Tracy & Andy Kyner are putting together a 2004 Iowa Cross Country Series. They are looking for feedback on how to set this up. If you think you would have an interest please email them at:

iatvhss@msn.com

The locations they are working on are:

Indianola, Bussey, Melcher, Ft Dodge, Waukon, Adel, Osceola, Brooks, Waterloo

This works out well for Missouri racers since the Missouri series has been cut back this year. Several of these locations are not far from Missouri.

Send them an email and let them know your thoughts. They are looking for feedback on classes, dates, prize $, etc.

Thanks,
Carson

kickin440
12-10-2003, 09:42 AM
I will be in on this for sure :D those are all closer to me than all but one of the MO series and they cut it for next year :mad:

bigb426ex
12-10-2003, 10:48 AM
These are defnitely closer where I live in Missouri. I know a lot of people around the KC area would go to these ones. Good Luck on hopefully this starts up soon.

Johnny & Monica
12-10-2003, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kickin440
I will be in on this for sure :D those are all closer to me than all but one of the MO series and they cut it for next year :mad: [/QUOTE
count me in to I want a piece of this Gallaton pig framer on the kfx lol.Really sounds good thougth We`re north of 36 hwy. TOO

quadnice
12-10-2003, 09:26 PM
I'll be @ the Ft. Dodge one for sure!!!!!
Practicin up on the 12 hours of America course!
Waukon was a blast too @ last seasons WORCS!!!
If we can run them, on off weeks of Minnesota, Missouri, & the GNCC races, I'm sure the turn out would be huge

kickin440
12-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kickin440
I will be in on this for sure :D those are all closer to me than all but one of the MO series and they cut it for next year :mad: [/QUOTE
count me in to I want a piece of this Gallaton pig framer on the kfx lol.Really sounds good thougth We`re north of 36 hwy. TOO

I could whip your butt on my 400ex and its blown up!:D
doin it on the kfx just makes it more fun :eek2: :D
And learn how to spell It's GALLATIN with an I..... GEEK :blah:

bigb426ex
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
bump:)

jgfarmsracer
12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
i might try a few of those but wakon is 8 hours away

have you heard what classes there will be????

cinigen9
12-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
i might try a few of those but wakon is 8 hours away

have you heard what classes there will be????

they are looking for ideas on how to set the entire thing up, including what classes to run. Shoot them an email - they have a survey of questions for potential racers they will send you. The questions range from what classes to run, entry fees, to what time of day to have races.

jgfarmsracer
12-12-2003, 12:42 PM
already did

cinigen9
12-16-2003, 10:57 PM
bump

tdsongster
12-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Count me in, I will definitely participate in this...

BigThumper33
12-18-2003, 01:10 AM
bump this up

jgfarmsracer
12-19-2003, 05:13 PM
any body got any new info on the series

tring to plan out the race year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

bigb426ex
12-26-2003, 09:51 AM
bump. Merry Christmas

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Do we have any more info on the races? I tried to email the contact and my email came back to me. so I was not able to get a response. Is there another way to contact them?

cinigen9
12-29-2003, 02:46 PM
try the email address again - it appears to be working fine now.

iatvhss@msn.com

Their goal was to have a schedule together after the first of the year, and a website soon after.

cinigen9
12-30-2003, 10:17 PM
I received this email from Tracy & Andy tonight.

Just wanted to give you all an update on the series.

*I am doing the website on Friday, will pass on the website address as soon as it is finalized.
*Flyers go to print on January 12th.
*We have 6 of the 7 races down on ink. Waiting on the last track to come aboard.
*We are currently working with sponsors.
*We have had great responses to our surveys.
*Thank you to those that posted messages and read messages on different ATV Forums. We have had responses from Nebraska, Missouri, Minnesota & Illinois racers expressing interest in racing.
*In doing our schedule, we tried to avoid the Missouri Hare Scramble Series, D22, D23, and Parts Unlimited Series, but it appears we will fall on a weekend that coincides with a Missouri Hare Scramble weekend. Majority of the racers who responded to the surveys wanted Sunday races, so it looks like all but one of ours will be on a Sunday. We said we would listen to the racers. : )
*The classes are as follows: Pro, B, C, utility, women's, +30, kids (90cc and under).
*We apologize for not putting the 90cc on the survey, we had a lot of interest in this class from the surveys that were returned. Is there enough interest to do a 50cc & 90cc? These little guys & gals are the future of our sport. 50cc & 90cc will race for 45 minutes.
*Remember you will need to be an ATVA member to participate. You can sign up at the track or go to their website (atvaonline.com). ($39 annually) If you sign up before on the computer, please print the confirmation (if you get one) and also please sign up as soon as you can so there is not a chance to delay the membership from ATVA. Have heard they are behind on getting the cards to the new members. Please mention the series when signing up. You will get newsletters quarterly that will have our series and other ATVA sanctioned series around the country in there.

Thanks for your interest and keep passing on the word.
Andy & Tracy

bigb426ex
01-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey cinigen9,
How's the website coming?:D

cinigen9
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
have not heard anything new - I will post the address as soon as I get it.

cinigen9
01-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Just received this from Andy & Tracy

Here is the Iowa ATV Hare Scramble Series Schedule:

Date Name City

April 24th & 25th The Farm Indianola Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun
May 15th & 16th TBA Brooks Quads on Sat/Bikes on Sun***
June 12th & 13th Bluff Creek Bussey Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun
July 17th & 18th TBA Waukon Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun
Aug 28th & 29th Hog Holler Osceola Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun
Sept 18th & 19th TBA Ft Dodge Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun
Oct 9th & 10th TBA Waukon Bikes on Sat/Quads on Sun

***The bike is a district 22 race, the quad is part of the IAHSS.

The website is almost complete. Will give you the address so you can check it out when it is up and running.

Andy & Tracy

cinigen9
01-14-2004, 10:19 AM
http://www.iowaatvharescrambleseries.com/