PDA

View Full Version : Tires?

J25
02-15-2002, 08:58 PM
I was wonderind what tires you guys think i should get for hard, loose dirt, hills, mud and snow.......

Tell me what you got and how they are on all these surfaces

"BLAHH"300!!
02-15-2002, 09:15 PM
their alright man....they suk for just average ridin' though...if your on a track or somethin' there alright....they spin alot...i went in the woods ridin down a nice hill with thick tree's and deep leaves on the ground and thought i'd never get back up that hill...go a few feet and spin stuck...roll back do it again....finally just had to puch it and almost flip it up this little embankment....i just let the front end pop up when i hit it and kinda walked it up...(feet on the ground hands on bars still workin' clutch n gas...bke pointin' streight up n down..)...but it was the only way...still almost didn't make it...but it's a 300 so it's light as a feather...just toss it around anyway......i think the holeshots 18"s are a little taller though...i got a freind wanting to sell some now i might pick em' up...if there anytaller or grip any better....
i'm thinkin razor for the fronts for that little ridge that goes around the center..they look good on there too...

99'300EX
02-16-2002, 01:16 PM
i have XCT's on my 300 they get great traction in just about everything...i really like them

2k2-300exnj
02-16-2002, 02:04 PM
i say go razrs and maybe 20" i have 22's but i would have got 20's but i bought them for my 250ex and sold it and got the 300 and since they are the same bolt pattern put them on it but i love them so far i have been in sand, snow, dirt, and mud and they never missed a beat and spin great and slide very well also
but i heard the new xcr's are good also 20"

02-16-2002, 02:16 PM
the best setup I have ridden so far is 22" holeshots in front and 20" razrs in the rear. The front razrs just suck on hardpack and the rear holeshots wear too fast. You can ride on almost any trail and still let it hang out on the track.

Striker49
02-16-2002, 02:31 PM
What bout Razrs? They good in snow, mud, etc... I was lookin to get those b/c its pretty dry round here in the summer but its really muddy in the winter. I looked at the Bandits and All-Traks and one of those was gonna be my 2nd option if the Razrs werent a good idea. Thx in advance.

Wheelie
02-16-2002, 05:09 PM
In my opinion the best overall tire for the conditions you're describing is the M/R 501 Radial found stock on the rear of the 400ex. They wear like iron and flat hook up no matter what the conditions are.

J25
02-17-2002, 09:59 AM
hey thanks everyone....... im gonna get 20" razrs on rear and 22" holeshots on front

ShiftFMX
02-17-2002, 12:31 PM
I would Recommend MaXXis Razr's. I have them on my 250ex and they work really well! They Hook really well in the places u need it and u can slide when u need to.

Striker49
02-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Thx Killa, I think thats the tire Im lookin for and thats the ones I wanted in the first place. ;)

RideRed04
02-17-2002, 10:08 PM
I am keeping my stock tires for the winter/sloppy mud and getting another set of rims for the razrs for the summer. That way I have the best of both worlds. Stock tires wearing like iron? Not mine! I have only had them for 6 months and the edge is already very rounded, I am going to flip them the other way next winter for more bite. They are a great tire, but they are very soft, IMHO.

Jekyl_22
02-18-2002, 04:17 PM
I had my stock tires for about 6 months, but they were very very worn. They were almost bald, I finally had to give in and buy some new tires, Razr's. They work good in about all conditions; fair on hardpack. One thing though, the RAZR thing on the side of the tires can wear off if you ride on the side two wheels.

TRFOXX
02-18-2002, 09:41 PM
20" Holeshots XCR's for the rear and 22" Holeshot MX in the front. Very nice set up!

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 07:49 AM
unless u race dont get razrs u wouldnt boleive how many poeple around hate them cause not good in the type oif mud we have and to much snow they are bad real bad a 400 formal could race me on a snow packed road
get REALTORS by pure sport u will not bolive how much grap they will get in snow i took it off the skidoo trial as long as u keep the same wheel speed i didnt get stuck they aswome i will recamend them to anyone
but not rarzs on hard packed like a dirt road with oil on it thats what they do here they put sometype of oil oin the road to make it less dusty but u can leave black marks that wore my front razrs out like everything
i cant tell u enough get realtors u will be happy flining roost in snow and sand climb any hill
there wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J25
02-19-2002, 05:44 PM
i had considered realtors but was wondering how do they wear fast?

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 07:02 PM
actuly man they wear wicked comapir to my razrs man unboliveable better u wouldnt think how they are paddles but they wear so good man razrs suck big time so get realtors if u want a real fun tire that will go threw roost anythinf realtor wont let u down or stuck

dirtclog
02-20-2002, 04:48 PM
RAZRS!

If they suck would the pro's use 'em?

tumbler440Ex
02-20-2002, 05:48 PM
pro's use them cause they stick to the race track unless u race i wouldnt recomedn them i was on hard packed dirt roads i mean packed u could leave black marks on them and they wore real bad not even 2 months they were past ware bar so and if u go on pavement alot crapy!! big time no time at all bye bye tire
and snow u ask anyone in newbrunswick canada if they have them on there machine in the snow and like them or climbing sand hills in pits we need somthin that grabs black waters spiders trail claws realtors tires liek that not racing mx tires sorry thats my 2cents

waldo
02-20-2002, 06:08 PM
what about spidertracs any one ever try them????

they look wide

how do they wear?

dirtclog
02-20-2002, 06:49 PM
the original post was

"I was wondering what tires you guys think i should get for hard, loose dirt, hills, mud and snow......."

sounds like the need for a good all around sport tire...

gncc pro's use 6 ply razrs through the woods..Not just on "race tracks"

If you want a tire that rides like a brick and lasts forever, that's one thing, buy realtors... but if you want performance and a decent wearing tire go with the holeshot or razr. I prefer razr's because I have a 300ex and don't make a ton of power for heavy tires. (holeshot heavier than the razr)

schism_rhs
02-20-2002, 07:00 PM
What are Sur Traks (sp?) like ? the look to be pretty good !

kid300ex
02-20-2002, 07:13 PM
what bend of renthals do you have... are they red? im looking for new bars even though mine arent bent...

dirtclog
02-20-2002, 07:59 PM
well, I ordered silver 300ex bars from Rocky Mtn ATV but when they came they were these red bars..I put them on anyway and I think they are great...since then 2 of my friends got the silver 300ex bars and I can say for sure that the red one's i have are not 300ex bars...not sure what the are technically for. I did see here just the other day a guy had kx80 bars on his. I just didn't want the bars to be swept back very far...stock was to much in my eyes...wish I could of helped you. good luck