PDA

View Full Version : New jetting w/ slip-on?

geocon
12-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know if there is a slip-on exhaust that does not require a jetting change?

quadrider400
12-09-2003, 09:50 PM
If you want to get the performance that you are paying for with a new exhaust you will need to open up the intake as well.... as for rejetting you will have to follow the manufactuers info... they spend alot of time and $$$$ to improve your performance. I do not think that there are any that will not require jetting .... even if you do not change the filter or remove the lid you are still going to be moving more air and so need more fuel .....

JOEX
12-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Yep, what quadrider400 said.:macho

Changing the main jet is very simple to do too.
It seems that many people make it out to be a very techincal procedure when it is not at all.

Joe

dariusld
12-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yep, what quadrider400 said.:macho

Changing the main jet is very simple to do too.
It seems that many people make it out to be a very techincal procedure when it is not at all.

Joe
It's not a walk in the park either. Especially when you have to get into the carb to change the needle setting. The hardest part for me was getting those darn screws out of the carb. I wish I had this site(faq section) when I did mine. But once you do it , its easy after that. Get help here (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19832)

LazeR
12-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Im only 17 and i put my K&N Filter and DynoJet Kit on my quad all by myself i even put in the needle.....didnt use a manual or anything....and i did it just fine in around an hour or maybe a lil longer.....not trying to brag....just proving its not hard

12-10-2003, 02:34 PM
you didnt have to with my cobra 4-stroke system