PDA

View Full Version : arm pump/arm jam... need some quick responses

MILF_HUNTER
12-09-2003, 07:59 PM
ok im doing a marketing research paper and i just want some feed back. this is just a hypothetical situation.

how many of you here get arm pump/arm jam when riding or racing. and if you do would you purchase an affordable exercise devise to reduce arm pump and fatiuge (sp).

if you seen an add for such an item in dirtwheels/atv sport etc would it catch your interest enough to look into it.

need some quick responses

Taco
12-09-2003, 08:10 PM
if it worked well, was simple to do (ie. while watching tv etc.), and was priced reasonably yes i would buy it .

MOFO
12-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Taco
(ie. while watching tv etc.),

LMFAO!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like this... :devil:

Glow Plug
12-09-2003, 08:17 PM
I don't get arm pump REALLY bad so I guess I wouldnt use it/ buy it

Taco
12-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
I don't get arm pump REALLY bad so I guess I wouldnt use it/ buy it You also rode a bayou 220:rolleyes:

MOFO
12-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Taco
You also rode a bayou 220:rolleyes:

you beat me to it... :mad:

MILF_HUNTER
12-09-2003, 08:29 PM
thanks for the responses guys. yea its basicly something you can do in your spare time. ie watching TV taco.

keep em comin guys

JOEX
12-09-2003, 08:33 PM
I was born with an arm pump exerciser!:macho :devil:

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah I would look into that, and if it worked pretty well would buy one.

310Rduner
Originally posted by JOEX
I was born with an arm pump exerciser!:macho :devil:

Only at the expense of carpal tunnel tho:eek:

Out_Sider
i would DEFINATLY buy it. I get armpump bad sometimes more than other times. but none the less, i get it, and hate it :mad:

Woodsrider
12-09-2003, 08:36 PM
I would probably be less skeptikal if I saw it at the bike shop, or the expo. I really dont put any stock in the rags out there. I guess I'd have to see it on here and tried out but some of the folks here.
I do wrist curls with a 5# dumbell to help with the pump. it seems to have helped a bit. but by no means am I ready for a 2 hour GNCC with the big boys.:o

toby400ex
12-09-2003, 08:37 PM
i made my own, its a wieght tied to a string that is tied to a short wooden dowl. U turn the dowl with your hands to wind up the string, it works GOOD:p

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm lucky enough to not really have any problems with arm pump, and it isn't because I ride easily either, so don't say that lol. I've probably read the description of arm pump several times, but what exactly is the reason you get it, I mean is it because of inflammation, cramping or what? To me it seems like it is cramping in the ham muscles right?:confused: I'm just kinda curious as to why I haven't really run into it myself yet. I wonder if it's because my muscles are used to that type of excercise and lifting...? Maybe those 6 years of martial arts conditioned my arm muscles pretty well? :confused:

MILF_HUNTER
12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
from my experience (it could be different for everybody)
but my forarms get stiff and sore and my hands get weak and my grip suffers (only had it that bad once after blasting through trails full speed for an hour of hard riding)

bmw500hp
12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
thanks for the responses guys. yea its basicly something you can do in your spare time. ie watching TV taco.

keep em comin guys

Sounds like something to improve a womens sex life....:devil:

Alright, It has to be some type of gripping device of which there are probably 50 out there. Is this one different enough to be better? How has it been proven to be effective?

MILF_HUNTER
12-09-2003, 08:49 PM
its different in the sence that it utilizes wrist rotation to promote blood flow. it also works kind of gyroscopicly in some casses depending on how you use it

and lets say its effective :macho
thanks for all the responses guys.

Toadz400
12-09-2003, 09:04 PM
i'd definately buy one...or at least start working out again.

i got that REALLY bad after i rode the yfz450 for the first time, man did that thing have balls (i hadn't ridden my banshee for like 3 months).

but i do a lot of trail riding and constantly hammering the throttle and hanging on, so i'd probably buy one...

JD400exrider
12-09-2003, 09:18 PM
I would just start Arm Wrestling More.

Build them forearms. At one time I had only lost two times over probably 100 matches. That is what framers arms will do for ya
:devil:

LTandRaptorider
12-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
I would just start Arm Wrestling More.

Build them forearms. At one time I had only lost two times over probably 100 matches. That is what framers arms will do for ya
:devil:

Yeah, I don't imagine anything would beat swinging a 20 oz hammer all day. ;)