PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks X-6 pipe

eastside 400
12-09-2003, 04:05 PM
anyone here have a Curtis Sparks X-6 pipe for their 400EX? if you do, how do u like the performance, quality, durability? What finish did u get yours in too(Ceramic or Stainless Steel) what finish should i go with?

Thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
I have the ceramic x6 with spark arrestor. I have not had any problems or complaints about this exhaust. I have sold both the stainless and the ceramic.
I have had mine for a year and a half, ( I believe.)

hondatv
12-09-2003, 05:09 PM
I have been running a ceramic x6 for 3 years now, lots of mud and wooded trails still in good shape very well made.

12-09-2003, 05:45 PM
i jus ordered a carb and rev box from them about 2 hours ago...great people...scott and jeff are great guys...sparks parts are quality and among the top performing parts...i love their pipe and would never sell it to buy another...i went ceramic because it keeps the heat in better...stainless will last longer but i think ceramic is the way to go...and silverfox...are u dusty...if so i jus ordered those handguards from u lol

sparks400ex101
12-09-2003, 05:45 PM
im running the stainless x6 no complaints here

Bad Habit
12-09-2003, 06:24 PM
I run the ceramic X6 and love it. I used to have a WB E series, and I had to go up slightly on my jettting when I switched to the X6. I guess that was proof that it flows more.

pnut420
12-09-2003, 06:29 PM
The ceramic is nice, but requires a little more cleaning to stay nice, but is is really light, I like my brothers HMF, but Id pick my Sparks over it as far as performance, the quality of the HMF is unbeatlable, LRD is good quality as well..

stupid driver
12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
i have had no complaints at all. The ceramic is what i have. Great gains too

eastside 400
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks guys. i guess over the summer when i get the money ill get the ceramic X-6, i can only use it when i go riding at tracks cuz its too loud for around hear so ill have plenty of time to clean it

Giz400ex
12-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Quality is great but I found the performance of the x-6 to be good, not great. I found the LRD to perform better than the x-6 and also being a couple bucks less than the x-6

cals400ex
12-10-2003, 11:30 PM
i like my x-6. i went with the stainless because it is less maintenance.

honda racer, you should have ordered the carb and rev box from C&D. you would have saved some cash.

livealatimmy
12-11-2003, 05:23 AM
I have the X-6 too and i love it. The only problem i have had is that the head pipe got sime pits on it that looked like rust but with some cleaner and polish it looks like new again:D

12-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i like my x-6. i went with the stainless because it is less maintenance.

honda racer, you should have ordered the carb and rev box from C&D. you would have saved some cash.

well...maybe if they spent the time to put all of their products and prices online i would have called them up :D...plus i have been dealing with sparks for awhile now...and i kno the kinda service and help they give me...ive only dealt with c&d one time...they seem like great people...its just i like to find out prices and things online before i spend the time to call them up and place an order just to find out if they are more pricey or less on an item...if they spent time to put all their stuff online...i would be happy to give them more business :D

cals400ex
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
well...maybe if they spent the time to put all of their products and prices online i would have called them up :D...plus i have been dealing with sparks for awhile now...and i kno the kinda service and help they give me...ive only dealt with c&d one time...they seem like great people...its just i like to find out prices and things online before i spend the time to call them up and place an order just to find out if they are more pricey or less on an item...if they spent time to put all their stuff online...i would be happy to give them more business :D

all it takes is a quick phone call. if you don't like the price, you don't have to order it from them. by the way, every sparks product that i have ordered was cheaper through C&D than it was directly through sparks. ;)

12-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
all it takes is a quick phone call. if you don't like the price, you don't have to order it from them. by the way, every sparks product that i have ordered was cheaper through C&D than it was directly through sparks. ;)

i c...i suppose i will be talking to them on my next purchase of tires/rims then :D along with some tinners air scoops

Colby@C&DRacing
12-11-2003, 04:38 PM
There are many ways to get prices from us on the site. Email, price quote,pm, phone. You know I could spend 12 hours a day inputting info on a web page but I also have a shop to run, or I could pay someone to do it and then raise my prices to cover the cost. Prices also change sometimes just about as fast as you can type them on a web page. I sell somewhere around 2 or 3 million different parts there is not enough time in the year to build the web site and them start all over every six months when the new parts come out. I also like talking to my customers and helping them get the parts that they need.

cals400ex
12-12-2003, 12:05 AM
i like your shortened sig honda racer. they may not be able to get the tinner scoops, but they can get some other brands. i just ordered some rtc polished scoops and the look dang near chrome on the website. tinners may be cheaper though.

12-12-2003, 08:22 PM
ya i want the tinners...heard good about them...and they will get pced newayz :D