PDA

View Full Version : problem...

blinger
12-09-2003, 03:37 PM
this isnt an EX question, but its about a recon, and since they are basically the same as a 250ex, i figured someone would be able to help me, well... anyways I was ridin and then it bogged down and chit
I ended up having to get towed home... the recon starts and idles and if u give it gas it revs for like a second then bogs down sometimes even shuttin off.

I have a full tank of gas
I thought it was my spark plug, so I changed the plug
but that doesnt seem to be the problem

can someone PLEASE help me, i need to get my baby runnin again

gojk
12-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Is the gas vent hose plugged?

blinger
12-09-2003, 03:53 PM
i think ur talkin bout the hose thats on the gas cap?... well I took that hose off, cause it just kept comin loose and disconnectin from the cap

blinger
12-09-2003, 04:00 PM
maybe the mud in the hole is clogging it up and its not letting no gas get into it
lol

gojk
12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
If you take the gas cap off will it run? It may not be getting enough air and it is causing a vacuum in the gas tank. I have seen this happen alot.

AtvMxRider
12-09-2003, 05:16 PM
WTF is this in C&D's forum:huh ? Try putting it in the powertrain forum.

stupid driver
12-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

i was wonderin the same thing?? :confused:

blinger
12-10-2003, 07:51 AM
i was told to ask a C&D Person... sorry.:(

F-16Guy
12-10-2003, 08:08 AM
Check the vent hoses coming off the carb, if they all look good, you probably have a piece of crap in your main jet. Take the float bowl off and remove the main jet. Inspect the jet for any debris, spray some carb cleaner through the passage that the main jet screws into, check the needle and seat for debris, and re-assemble.

stupid driver
12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by blinger
i was told to ask a C&D Person... sorry.:(
no problem

_________
My guess is that it is probably your vent hose on your carb. If that isnt it, it could have something clogged in the main also. Clean out your carb really well, and then see if it runs ok.

2004TRX450R
12-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

Who cares? Unless this was moved it seems that on top of my screen it says EXriders Forums>Mechanical>POWERTRAIN. That seems to be in the right spot.

Anyway it almost seems like it is starveing for fuel. Try as said to remove the gas cap and see if it runs. If so then you have a pluged vent. Also you can pull the fuel line to the carb and turn the gas on and see if it flows out or trickles out or nothing comes at all.

gojk
12-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Also check the air filter. That would gag it in a hurry!

AtvMxRider
12-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
Who cares? Unless this was moved it seems that on top of my screen it says EXriders Forums>Mechanical>POWERTRAIN. That seems to be in the right spot.

It wasn't in the right forum it was moved here:rolleyes: .

blinger
12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
i tried the gas cap vent, thats not it... I think its the carb or somethin... its gettin gas, cause it runs.. but i dont think its getting enough gas to rev up... i need some help damn lol :(

ReconRider25
12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
i had this problem about 50 times in one summer when i had the recon.....sometimes it would be back to normal in a couple seconds, other times itd take an hour. i tried everything from changing the gas, cleaning out the fuel lines, and cleaning out the carb and tank. i never found the problem, making me believe its bad gas. it stopped happening when i switched to the opposite end of the gas pumps at the gas station(different tanks for the 2 ends). try drygas or empty the whole tank and put new gas in. hope this helps.