PDA

View Full Version : best way to apply graphics kit?

yzquadracer
12-09-2003, 12:49 PM
hey guys, wuts the best way you have found to apply graphic kits. iv herd ya spray water on the plastic so you have a little manuverability with the stickers. is there a better way?

4TraxRider
12-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Sticker on and sticker off work good in my experience, im pretty sure you can use a spray bottle full of water witha few drops of liquid soap too.

blinger
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
ive always used windex or any kinda window cleaner

RytM1
12-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Water is probably the safest. Spray it on the panel, and on the back of the graphic piece you are putting on. Once you have it lined up where you want it, use something like a credit card (wrapped with a rag so you don't scratch the graphics) and squeegee the water from under the graphics. Work from the center to the edges. Then take a hair dryer and start warming up the graphics. This will help the drying, and if you pay attention to it, the graphics will start to "shrink" and form-fit a little better to the panel. You may have to work them a little bit with your squeegee.

300exOH
12-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by RytM1
Water is probably the safest. Spray it on the panel, and on the back of the graphic piece you are putting on. Once you have it lined up where you want it, use something like a credit card (wrapped with a rag so you don't scratch the graphics) and squeegee the water from under the graphics. Work from the center to the edges. Then take a hair dryer and start warming up the graphics. This will help the drying, and if you pay attention to it, the graphics will start to "shrink" and form-fit a little better to the panel. You may have to work them a little bit with your squeegee.

This works very well. It also helps to add a drop or two of dish soap to the water. It makes it a little easier to move the decal around. This is how the auto shops do it.

wildfire1206
12-12-2003, 07:20 PM
i had to lightly sand my plastic so the graphics would stick..my skin graphics look nice on silver maier,but a pain to put on,and fit isnt perfect

tants
12-13-2003, 08:42 AM
its always good to be working on clean plastics. make sure they are clean, id even take some rubbing alcohol and clean then up good and let that dry. water seems like a good idea, im gonna try that when i put my nacs graphics on... how much water do you put on? like a few sprays worth w/ a spray bottle? does the water have any affect on the sticking of the graphics?

( this looks like its gonna end up in the FAQ section ) ;)

RytM1
12-13-2003, 10:34 AM
You can spray them down pretty good. Once you squeegee the water out and warm them up, they won't move.