PDA

View Full Version : Full Race Cam or Drop In Cam?

NacsMXer
12-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi, I am going to be sending my 440 to GT Thunder to have the entire engine done over and I was wondering which cam to put in my new MX motor. I talked to Laz and he said that the full race cams require you to be on the pipe constantly and quick on the clutch out of corners to stay in the power. For all you with the race cam, is there still a good amount of power down low to bring the front end up a bit? Or would the drop in cam with power all around be better for a serious MX/ occasional trail rider. I just dont want to have to experience the bogging problem that a mild 440 like mine has. Thanks

12-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Well any fully race built motor is built to have the "Hammer down" at all times. Either way your gonna have to get use to the throttle WFO..:eek: so leave the pink panties at home...LOL

Go with a HRC drop in cam, Laz has them and will tell you it's a dam good cam..:cool:

UglyMotha™
12-09-2003, 12:07 PM
rico how ya like your hotcam stg II :o

y2k400ex
12-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm rumm the HRC and my 416 flys, Good low end and tons of mid adn top end, It doesnt stop pulling :devil: :devil:

12-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
rico how ya like your hotcam stg II :o

It's gotta be the best lookin paper weight in my office..:eek2:

wilkin250r
12-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Office? What papers are you holding down, the toilet paper?

Doibugu2
12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Office? What papers are you holding down, the toilet paper?

I think this is the paper he is using!

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/banned.gif

:eek:

UglyMotha™
12-09-2003, 01:47 PM
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/uglylol.gif

Quadzilla
12-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Man, I was seriously considering the Stage II. Rico, please explain why you don't like it.

Thanks

UglyMotha™
12-09-2003, 02:22 PM
rico's just kidding round he thinks hotcams is some of the best out there. seriously though they had some issues back bout a year ago but they stood behind there product and fixed it i'm currently running the old style hot cam for almost a year now with no problems but hotcams has long since fixed the problem by casting the flange directly to the cam so there no chances of the incident happeing again, there are no worries in fact the happy people that own the cam out weight the bad by far for the money nothing can top the hot cam

Quadzilla
12-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Good news then! Thank you, you Ugly Motha F'er! :devil:

Dave400ex
12-09-2003, 02:51 PM
I would just ask Laz and be sure he knows you trail ride some. Then he will be able to get the perfect cam for you.

UglyMotha™
12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Quadzilla
Good news then! Thank you, you Ugly Motha F'er! :devil:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/nutkick.gif