PDA

View Full Version : 42 pilot question

dannyboy20
12-08-2003, 08:00 PM
it seems alot of people run 42 pilot jets. I have a stock pilot now with a 155 main and e -series with a kand n. If i change the pilot will this add a little more power on the throttle.

12-08-2003, 08:13 PM
no...all a piolet does is affect how your bike starts, idel, and a tad bit of throttle, thats all it does, wont give you any more or any less power

dannyboy20
12-08-2003, 08:31 PM
ok but it will help with the start and what about any other adjustmenst on the carb. I always here people adjusting fuel air mixture. Does all this contribute to power ?

12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
well...fuel air mixture means how much fuel u are using compaired to the amount of air you are taking in...you want this to be right on the mark or you will be running lean, not enough gas and too much air, or rich, too much gas and not enough air, its better to run rich then lean...lean hurts the engine...i always run a little tad rich...and yes it does have to do with power...if its not set right u may bog...or cut out when using your throttle at full power or if bad enough right off the line