PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Or X Box????

250rtone
12-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Did the ps2 get any upgrades or change in anyway since it has been released all these years and what would be a better system,ps2 or x box?

Brad
12-08-2003, 07:10 PM
x box, ive had both, and x box is better by far, funner games, more games, no memory cards and u can load your cds onto the hard drive while your playing.

Brad
12-08-2003, 07:10 PM
x box, ive had both, and x box is better by far, funner games, more games, no memory cards and u can load your cds onto the hard drive while your playing.

Glow Plug
12-08-2003, 07:15 PM
I've had neather but I have played both, personally I prefer ps2 because I'm used to the controlers, there is more games usually better quality games to. But the x box have its own good qualites like the hard drive so you don't have to spend 40 bucks on a memory card and you can listen to your own musci when your playing the game.

eather way your getting a good system :)

ewalker302
12-09-2003, 05:32 AM
PS2 has tons more games. Also the original playstation games play on the PS2.

The sheer dominance of the PS2 means that (for now) the best games are going to be released in either PS2 only format, or on all formats.

I've spent lots of time playing both systerms, & If I had to pick only one it would def be the PS2. Saying that, the graphics on the X-box are a little--Very little better. And don't you have a sterio already?? Who really cares that you can play cd's while you play??

:bandit:

12-09-2003, 06:33 AM
you can save your money cuz in a couple years tops they will have the newer versions of platforms i.e.: ps3 and xbox2 its gonna happen cuz i heard somewhere that sony is going all the way to ps9

seatec
12-09-2003, 06:53 AM

12-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by member
you can save your money cuz in a couple years tops they will have the newer versions of platforms i.e.: ps3 and xbox2 its gonna happen cuz i heard somewhere that sony is going all the way to ps9

uhh big NO on that one. Xbox right now is the #1 gaming system. It wont be changed for a while becuz it doesnt have to be changed its a great system and can be upgraded easily. Ps2s break and sometimes act goofy

12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
i had a ps2 & it broke & acted weird so I sold it on ebay & got my xbox....I couldnt be happier...! b4 i sold my ps2 I hated xbox but now I love it & hate the unreliable PS2.

FourFiftyFour
12-09-2003, 11:27 AM
I guess you guys would not like my Sega Genesis then :p

Brad
12-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I guess you guys would not like my Sega Genesis then :p

i have it on my desktop:p

pbarr86
12-09-2003, 12:05 PM
I Love my XBOX, it just plain rules. I also play alot of PC games. A great new game is Armed and Dangerous

here (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/armedanddangerous/) it's fun and funny as hell : ) check out the "Weapons of total destruction" trailer very cool.

Brad
12-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by pbarr86
I Love my XBOX, it just plain rules. I also play alot of PC games. A great new game is Armed and Dangerous

here (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/armedanddangerous/) it's fun and funny as hell : ) check out the "Weapons of total destruction" trailer very cool.

wheres holliston mass?

oh and that trailor only loaded to 14% and stopped

Greg Z
12-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Ps2 the newer vertions 50001+ can read VCD's and stuff like that. and it has more updates not sure i forgot

JForestZ34
12-09-2003, 02:12 PM
I have both and to tell you the truth I love my Xbox. But I also like Ps2, don't get me wrong there both really good systems but Xbox takes half the time to load a game and I think the grafics are better. Maybe not a night and day difference but better. As for games Xbox is coming out with alot more games this year. I also heard somewhere that there coming out with another Pplaystation, there calling it PlaystationX. I heard it's going to be something like Xbox. I also like the built-in network slot on the back of the Xbox. If you can play both of them and decide which one you want for yourself. Everybody's going to give you their opinion just try them both and decide.

James;)

remlapr
12-09-2003, 02:17 PM
I actually liked my dreamcast better then either of them I :blah: I have both now - but if I only had one I would have to say PS2 because I think in the end it comes down to the games and there are more available for the PS2, also - ATVORF2 is only on PS2 so that should be the deciding factor right there. I think they are actually giving it away with PS2's this year.

pbarr86
12-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Brad
wheres holliston mass?

oh and that trailor only loaded to 14% and stopped

Holliston is up 495 from the Cape near Medway, Bellingham, Milford.

I just watched the trailer again and didn't have a problem, are you on dial up?

Where on the Cape?

Baley69
12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Many reasons for a xbox, but the biggest is Halo/Halo 2.

Brad
12-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pbarr86
Holliston is up 495 from the Cape near Medway, Bellingham, Milford.

I just watched the trailer again and didn't have a problem, are you on dial up?

Where on the Cape?
harwich, like at the elbow of the arm of cape cod

pbarr86
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Brad
harwich, like at the elbow of the arm of cape cod

I never get that far over, I usually just go to Woodshole to get over to the Vineyard.

A friend of mine works at "The Rocket" radio station down there, do you ever listen to that?

Paul

blondie69
12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
I love my PS2. I've never really played a x-box too much...a small amt...very confusing...too many buttons haha. But I still love my PS2:D

Heh..thinkin of all this reminds me of something were doin in A.I.T class...were makin inventions, and my group did Z-Cube :blah: It'd beat all those wussy systems!:devil: I was the one to decide the stats of all the stuff...like basically all I did was look at PS2 stuff, X-Box stuff, and Game Cube stuff, and doubled them. So it has like...1400 mhz (if thats possible) 20 gig hard drive, 2 usb ports (for some of the accessories..which I also made haha) and all this chit:p It'd be sweet if it were real...but its not:mad:

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
I love my PS2. I've never really played a x-box too much...a small amt...very confusing...too many buttons haha. But I still love my PS2:D

Heh..thinkin of all this reminds me of something were doin in A.I.T class...were makin inventions, and my group did Z-Cube :blah: It'd beat all those wussy systems!:devil: I was the one to decide the stats of all the stuff...like basically all I did was look at PS2 stuff, X-Box stuff, and Game Cube stuff, and doubled them. So it has like...1400 mhz (if thats possible) 20 gig hard drive, 2 usb ports (for some of the accessories..which I also made haha) and all this chit:p It'd be sweet if it were real...but its not:mad:

*Sigh* :p

Ps2 will still have most of that hehe.. Ps2 has 2 usb ports, and 1 more port of something else. The new 40gb hard drive is out (goes into expansion slot in back) and it isn't exactly slow either.:devil: Plays vcds, has button sensitivity, comes with Atvorf2, and another game included at purchase, and the ethernet is only like $50 dollars.

Imo, xbox controllers suck, the games seem quite arcade/cartoonish in appearance.. Not very fun games imo either.
Have to buy a 40 dollar remote to play dvds, can't play vcd's (burnt dvds :D). AND it doesn't have ATVORF2

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Ahh, plus Gran Turismo 4 (Best racing games EVER made)is coming out right after christmas, that should also be reason enough.

MOFO
12-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Ahh, plus Gran Turismo 4 (Best racing games EVER made)is coming out right after christmas, that should also be reason enough.

This is the reason I bought my PS2.... GT3.... I cant wait for GT4!!!

Taco
12-09-2003, 05:27 PM
The new Doom will own all other games IMO:D

MOFO
12-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Taco
The new Doom will own all other games IMO:D

only if you like the first person shooter games... :blah:

Taco
12-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
only if you like the first person shooter games... :blah: I just like to blow **** up:devil:

blondie69
12-09-2003, 06:17 PM

Ps2 will still have most of that hehe.. Ps2 has 2 usb ports, and 1 more port of something else. The new 40gb hard drive is out (goes into expansion slot in back) and it isn't exactly slow either.:devil: Plays vcds, has button sensitivity, comes with Atvorf2, and another game included at purchase, and the ethernet is only like $50 dollars.

Imo, xbox controllers suck, the games seem quite arcade/cartoonish in appearance.. Not very fun games imo either.
Have to buy a 40 dollar remote to play dvds, can't play vcd's (burnt dvds :D). AND it doesn't have ATVORF2

oops, I goofed:blah: lmao. ps2 has usb ports? I never knew that..guess I never paid enough attention when I was hookin it up in the back:rolleyes:

MOFO
12-09-2003, 06:26 PM

Ps2 has 2 usb ports, and 1 more port of something else.

the other port is a "firewire" port.

Bad Habit
12-09-2003, 06:41 PM
They all suck. You can't beat my original Atari 2600. Pitfall and Frogger rule all other games combined.

Right about now 90% of EXRiders is going:huh what's an Atari??

lmao

YamaWarr0121
12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
oops, I goofed:blah: lmao. ps2 has usb ports? I never knew that..guess I never paid enough attention when I was hookin it up in the back:rolleyes:

haha, the usb ports are in the front:blah:

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
the other port is a "firewire" port.

Ahhh:D

Now I truly understand how complete Ps2's superiority is:o

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121

I was just going to say that;)

blondie69
12-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121

what!? are they really!? then why haven't I even seen them?:confused: Guess I don't pay too close of attention? Cuz I know theres the 2 mem card slots, the 2 controller slots...where's the usb port and the firewire port???:confused:

blondie69
12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
They all suck. You can't beat my original Atari 2600. Pitfall and Frogger rule all other games combined.

Right about now 90% of EXRiders is going:huh what's an Atari??

lmao

Pitfall is the best on Atari!!!!! I've never actually played it on atari tho:rolleyes: Just cuz I used to have Pitfall on SNES...and theres this room or something that u get to play pitfall atari style...damn that is hard!:blah:

310Rduner
12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
AT the very bottom left corner:blah:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/chester90210/PS2-USB.iLink.jpg

*DOH!* :p

blondie69
12-09-2003, 07:05 PM
AT the very bottom left corner:blah:

well I'll have to check that out here in a bit:blah:

EDIT: OOOOH! I remember seein that! I never payed much attention to that! haha. I jus saw the blue and was like meh haha. Now I gotcha....learn something new everyday:cool: :blah: