PDA

View Full Version : Where to Ride in eastern pa

300EXer777
12-08-2003, 02:24 PM
I live about an hour north of philadelphia,pa and an hour from Jack Frost Mountain but they are way to expensive for the amount of tracks they have.I have been to rousch creek once and it was awesome if anyone knows of anywhere else please reply

live,eat,sleep,ride my 300ex

250rpilot
12-08-2003, 02:34 PM
it sounds as if you live close to me.....

rausch creek, jack frost, and tower city are the closest LEGAL places to ride.

300EXer777
12-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Yes i kno exactly where u live.I dont know if you have ever heard of pennsburg but i live there

Kilabanshee
12-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Were do you live 300exer??? I live in harleysville, Montgomery county. Another great place to ride is freeland which is off exit 35 heading twards the allentown area. Its the pocanoe exit and is maybe 5-10 minutes from there. If you want give me a call 215 256 1881 i can give you some directions.
250rpilot dont you live in sellersville? Yo you should come down here next time it snows and we can go rippin.

300EXer777
12-10-2003, 01:35 PM
yo kilabanshee do they have mx tracks or is it trail riding well anyways do they have a website or anything.

Kilabanshee
12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Well its really all coal silt and coal mines its awesome riding alot like tower city. Soon as the weather gets alittle better like sometime in the spring ill be heading up almost every weekend. They have some huge *** jumps up there if you into that stuff and small ones for the intermidiate and beginer riders.

Ex'r Marlin
12-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
rausch creek, jack frost, and tower city are the closest LEGAL places to ride.

Very rare I go to Jack Frost, but I find Rausch Creek and Tower City to a great place to ride.:cool:

Every now and then, there is a group ride from Exriders.com that goes to Tower City. Keep checking "Where to ride" section.:cool:

Kilabanshee
12-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I think freeland is actuly better. One thing its free Its closer to people on eastern pa, and its legal to ride there. I love the place great hillclimbs and alot of nice jumps and trail riding.

avaloncon2
12-11-2003, 08:40 AM
I have been to Freeland and there was only a small little track w/ jumps, We had some young buck showing us around. He was a local. It was a cool place to ride, I would go back if I knew where there were more jumps. I just got in on a mountain house, on Lake Harmony, do you know of any places that are closer than Freeland?

Kilabanshee
12-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Nah freelend is pretty much the best place to ride around the area. Ahhhhhh man you think there is small jumps i bet you 20 bucks you wont hit this double up there it must be like 70 foot its huge. Iam gonna try the 30 footer when i get my works shocks soo that shouldnot be all that bad. Avalon pm me and tell me who the local might be if you remember. I know almost every rider up there, You were most likely in the arena which there are some decent size jumps "alot of new ones found" But we go to a place about a 20-25 minute ride from there and the jumps are insane. I think ive only see one quad hit the big double which was a naugsty sick banshee with axis and alot of other mods. You really need alot of bottom end to hit the jump because ide say the run way is only a good 70 foot or soo but you'll have to check it out for yourself. If you want i can pm you my number and you can call me sometime, Or the other way i can call you to give you more information.

jgray
12-12-2003, 06:02 AM
300EXer777,
By your first description to where you lived i thought myself you were pretty close to me. it turns out you are pretty close. I am in East Greenville. I don't think i pasted any other 300ex's when I was snow riding.. Were you riding at all.

Whats your name and age, maybe I know you ?? We'll have to hook up some time. I have a good friend I ride with, we usually make the trips together.. a third would be cool.

Talk to you later..
J

300EXer777
12-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Yo how old r u im 13 i go to upper perk middle school my name is steve ott.whats ur name.i wasnt out in this snow cause i was snowboarding but ill be out the next.

avaloncon2
12-12-2003, 03:42 PM
yo killer, the kid was riding a 400ex, his boy was on a Vfoce. I was at a little track that had 6jumps on it. it was by a big open field.I jumped a 30 footer, the take off was real shady. The other jumps were nice, but the take offs looked like they were for dirt bikes. Im gonna give you a shout next time I go to Lake Harmony. Maybe youll be available to ride at Freeland.

Kilabanshee
12-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 300EXer777
Yo how old r u im 13 i go to upper perk middle school my name is steve ott.whats ur name.i wasnt out in this snow cause i was snowboarding but ill be out the next.
That name sounds very fermilar. I got to souderton we should meet up sometime or you can follow behind me next time i got to freeland ur only about 15-20 minutes away. Yup iam pretty sure where talking about the same track. The big one was deffinatly for bikes but ive seen quads clear it. Aight give me a hollar when ur in the area.

300EXer777
12-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Hey ill be out in this snowstorm if we get a snow emergency. Maybe we can hook up pr something but if not ill be riding with my buddies one has a limited addition banshee with t6 toomey pipes and ill be on my red 300ex with a t4 pro circuit i also might be with a blue 2000 blaster so if ya see us maybe well hook up if not have fun riding

Kilabanshee
12-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Quads all apart for the winter rebuild sorry dude. It should be together sometime in mid january.

WhiteBros400ex
12-21-2003, 08:51 AM
i live 45 minutes away from phila and i have been to rausch and its good for the money and theres also blue diamond in New Castle dealware and its pretty nice and it a lot closer then jack frost tower trevorton and all them. heres a web site
www.bluediamondmx.com

300EXer777
12-22-2003, 04:12 PM
yo i tried that website and it said that it didnt exsist thats ok though well if u made a typo or somethin just retype it or something if u want

BlasterBTW
12-22-2003, 04:38 PM
its: www.bluediamondpark.com

I live in PA too, In Orwigsburg (by Pottsville).

Bryan

avaloncon2
12-23-2003, 12:37 PM
I went to check out Blue Diamond about a month ago. It looked like it had a great MX track, but the quad "riding area "was beat. I didnt ride it but there was a big area for quads. It had a couple of tables and thats all I saw. One of the staff guys said they were building a quad expert track for the spring of this year.

KASCHAK
12-29-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by avaloncon2
yo killer, the kid was riding a 400ex, his boy was on a Vfoce. I was at a little track that had 6jumps on it. it was by a big open field.I jumped a 30 footer, the take off was real shady. The other jumps were nice, but the take offs looked like they were for dirt bikes. Im gonna give you a shout next time I go to Lake Harmony. Maybe youll be available to ride at Freeland.

That was me. the 400 is sick now. come up again. what kinda quad do you got? that is my cousin on the vforce. we can find bigger jumps for ya.

adrenaline
12-29-2003, 06:07 PM
i just got my 400 in november but i go to pa monthly and i was looking for places to ride..not many places here on long island..but rausch me n a bunch of people were looking to go come spring and im looknig to get a decnt sized group to go..january im going up i stay around the gouldsboro area so its not that much of a hike for me to travel to any of these places...so if any1 is interested in meeting up let me know im down....

warriorchris
01-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey,I'm from Jersey the only spot I've been out to in PA is Paragon. Thats a cool place to ride but really rocky. I'd like to try Jack Frost or Tower City. Anyone know of anyplaces that are legal but don't cost anything to ride on?

Kilabanshee
01-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 300EXer777
yo i tried that website and it said that it didnt exsist thats ok though well if u made a typo or somethin just retype it or something if u want
Yo quads all back together, next snow storm we should get together. Do you race district 6????

300EXer777
01-31-2004, 01:24 PM
yo no i dont race district 6 but i would like to ride in the next snowstorm!o yea i forgot to ask how the quad is running.

dragracer69x
02-29-2004, 08:26 PM
:devil: yo i hear all u kids talking about were u live it sounds most of u live near me i'm up here in limeport "centervalley" in no mans land and i know alot of people from eastgreenville and pennsburg maybe we shoudl get togather and meet sometime

Kilabanshee
03-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Ill be setting up a freeland exriders ride in about 3 weeks when the weather seems to get just a tad warmer.

dragracer69x
03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
:devil: when u set that ride up let me know PM me or something that sounds like it would pretty sweet

jgray
03-03-2004, 05:54 AM
I would love to mkae that ride also. Not sure if I'll be able to, but will keep it in the back of my head. Is fyfedog going to make this ride ??