PDA

View Full Version : fcr or quicksilver

kenny
12-07-2003, 11:26 PM
what do you suggest - how many mm. ive heard the edelbrock is easier to set up.

f1502nv
12-07-2003, 11:33 PM
everyone i know ripped off the edlebrock cause thay say it sucks plus everyone i talked to said go with a fcr 39mm

Steve-o 400EX
12-08-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by f1502nv
everyone i know ripped off the edlebrock cause thay say it sucks plus everyone i talked to said go with a fcr 39mm

I'm gunna second that. I have heard a lot more good things about the fcr 39 and everyone i talk to says their quicksilver sucks. Just what i've been told.

slosh13
12-08-2003, 09:10 AM
i have had alot of ppl tell me the edelbrock is better b/c its easy to set up.:confused: but im sure either the FCR or the Edelbrock will be better than stock:macho

Colby@C&DRacing
12-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Either carb is better than stock. I like the FCR because I have alot of experience tuning it and can help you guy out with it more than I can the edelbrock.

JustRace
12-08-2003, 10:31 AM
There is nothing wrong with the edelbrock. Just get what you want, I like my edelbrock. One thing that can't be touched is edelbrocks customer support. They always answer their e-mails right away and if you can't solve it that way they will give you a phone number so you can talk to someone in person. So you make the decision, don't let someone make the decision just because they "heard" that is sucked. :rolleyes:

I have my edelbrock dialed in so that it always starts up with out any problems, no matter what the temperature is, or how long the quad has been running.

Like mentioned above, anything is better than stock.

slosh13
12-08-2003, 10:56 AM
JustRace said it perfectly. I cant agree with you more:D

400exBro
12-08-2003, 03:20 PM
i just bought a fcr carb, i will see how i like it on a 425.
any tips on jetting or seting it up a certain way?

12-08-2003, 03:23 PM
im ordering a sparks FCR soon...it should be here by xmas...my xmas present :D along with a rev box and some tires...ill tell you guys how bad @$$ it is

wgbanks
12-08-2003, 03:26 PM
My Edelbrock has worked great when stock and now @ a 416. Starts right up and idle! Stock carb would never idle right. Is the FCR also a great carb? Probably. I would not change my Edlebrock. All this IMHO :)

pnut420
12-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Mopar400 had a friend running the edelbrock and it is for sale now, mopar400 is running a 39MM himself, the FCR39 is a faster carb their is no doubt, the edelbrock is good also, but the FCR has been proven over and over again

12-08-2003, 05:16 PM
on the qwiksilver i hear there are no jets to change out... is this true:confused:

Steve-o 400EX
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by member
on the qwiksilver i hear there are no jets to change out... is this true:confused:

Yea thats true. You can tune it though. I just prefer to screw around with jets. I wasnt bashin the quicksilver, i was just sayin what i was told. I was thinking about getting one but i think i might go for the fcr or get the stock one bored to a 38mm.

wgbanks
12-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Seems that the key is to get a good deal. I was lucky to get my Edelbrock for right @ $200.00 on eBay. I still search for that super deal on an FCR, when I do I'll buy it If I had the cash to buy a brand newin the box carb the FCR would surely get the nod. There are tons of posts on carbs on the site and I read them all before I bought. Had I found an FCR 1st, thats what I'd be running. It is a fact though, the Edelbrock is easy to tune with it's "no jets to change" design. In Summary: You got budget to spare.... call Dusty or Colby and order a new FCR, if not VIVA LE eBay. IMHO:)

400exBro
12-09-2003, 07:36 PM
ya good old ebay, i got my fcr 39mm carb for 285 plus shipping for a 6 month old carb with throttle cable and idle cable, extra jets and needles.

fas400ex
12-15-2003, 07:32 AM
HOW DOES THE CHOKE WORK ON THE FCR? IS IT BETTER I AM SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT THE EX IS COLD BLOODED................ AND HAS A HARD TIME WITH CHOKE. IT FLOODS EASY UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. SO IS THE FCR ANY BETTER?:devil:
PHIL

kenny
12-15-2003, 06:45 PM
i got the impression that the pilot was too small.that is why the quad has difficulty with cold starts.correct me if im wrong .

AlaskaSpeed
12-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by JustRace
There is nothing wrong with the edelbrock. Just get what you want, I like my edelbrock. One thing that can't be touched is edelbrocks customer support. They always answer their e-mails right away and if you can't solve it that way they will give you a phone number so you can talk to someone in person. So you make the decision, don't let someone make the decision just because they "heard" that is sucked. :rolleyes:

I have my edelbrock dialed in so that it always starts up with out any problems, no matter what the temperature is, or how long the quad has been running.

Like mentioned above, anything is better than stock.

A friend of mine recently installed an Edelbrock on his Raptor. It was a big improvement over the dual crap carbs, but I'll be damned if that thumb throttle isn't the hardest throw I have ever felt. Is there a fix for this without running a twist throttle? JIM