PDA

View Full Version : winter quadsing

DangerousDean
12-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Me and my buddy went quad riding today... over night it snowed like a footish.

Well, My quad qouldnt idle, i had to hold the gas on or it would die... but once i was going it was ok and stuff, untill i started slowing down, let go of the gas to shift down and it would die?
Whys this ? im running 5W20 oil in mine

And my budds quad, was doign the same thing, but his wouldnt die when letting off the gas?
Later on in the ride, we were trying to get up a hill, i got up but he had some troubles, and black smoke strated coming out, it stopped for a while, and then his head pipe started turning black too, and the end of his pipe... :confused:
hes running 10w30 or something ???

BTW: Mine quad is stock, just the spark arrestor is off my silencer

Buddy's has a k&n air filter, and a few holes in the lid, and a whitebros e-series ?????? silencer :) if that helps ?

ReconRider25
12-07-2003, 07:46 PM
last year my recon would die if i let off the gas. ended up being bad gas. check that.

ReconRider25
12-07-2003, 07:48 PM
oh yea, why you riding the quad if you got a sled? especially when its a cat.:devil:

DangerousDean
12-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, we had no snow yesterday , so we decided to bring it to the shop (its broken lol) so we thought we'd bring it in ... since we had barely any snow. Drop it off, plan to go quading next day because lack of snow..... wake up in the morning and theres like a foot of snow everywhere.., i almost cried ahahahaha

zephead400ex
12-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Well Dean if you weren't the "drunken member" things might be ok! haha jp!

Does it backfire on decelleration? If so, you are running to lean. You are running 5W20 oil? hmmm...that doesnt seem right but I could be wrong.

peace