PDA

View Full Version : 250r Help

250rquadracer
12-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey i have a quiestion.........My 250r goes through alot of exhaust flange o-rings....and im wondering why i have to keep buying new o-ring like every week....they keep braking and i dunno why??..it just started to happene when i got my new TT sparks pipe.....its a stock exhaust flange....should i buy a aftermarket exhaust flange that has dual o-rings?? PLEASE help me

Dave

wilkin250r
12-09-2003, 02:07 PM
I don't know what to tell you. I just bought new rings from Honda, and use a little Hi-temp RTV sealant. I can get a little messy if you're not careful, but I've never had a problem.

4TraxRider
12-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Is there a burr on the exhaust or flange thats cutting te o rings. or maby to much vibration from being to loose?

XANDADA
12-09-2003, 02:34 PM
I don't think the stock exhaust flange had rubber o-rings:confused: Mine had a thick metal c-lip. Either way get an aftermarket one from esr and be done with it...:cool:

wilkin250r
12-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
I don't think the stock exhaust flange had rubber o-rings:confused: Mine had a thick metal c-lip. Either way get an aftermarket one from esr and be done with it...:cool:

Yes, the stock ring is a thick metal clip, and a small crush ring. I've always used the metal clip and RTV. I've never tried o-rings. I would venture a guess to say that the best way to use o-rings is to get an aftermarket flange designed specifically for o-rings, rather than a mickey-mouse o-ring to work with the stock flange.

tants
12-17-2003, 06:32 PM
how old are your pipe springs?

... there could be too much vibration

id just got with an aftermarket flange and have it be done with like XANDADA stated