PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Help

dirtysouth400ex
12-06-2003, 05:42 PM
aight i have an 03 400ex and i just got it back from the shop they put my new works shocks fmf ti-4 and k&n filter W/no lid and jet kit anyways i got it home got it out of the truck went for a ride around my neighborhood now i tried to crank it up this morning and nuthin happened it RAN MY BATTERY DEAD but i caint think of what is wrong.... i put jumper cables on it from my truck and charged my battery jus a question does the seat have to be on it for it to start j/w please help me :mad: :mad:

cals400ex
12-06-2003, 06:13 PM
seat doens't have to be on to start. i would take the plug out and clean it or replace it. i wonder if they jetted it wrong. try to start the bike, making sure you have gas in the gas tank, the fuel is in the "on" position, and make sure your run button is on. try hitting the start button without giving it any gas. you may be flooding it. if it is cold do this using the choke. you may have to use the choke anyways.

dirtysouth400ex
12-06-2003, 06:14 PM
ne1????:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

12-06-2003, 06:24 PM
did they make you pay to put the shocks on? its as easy as taking & putting four bokls on ;)

dirtysouth400ex
12-06-2003, 07:17 PM
i dont kno but im not very talented lol :rolleyes: :mad:

12-06-2003, 07:33 PM
do you try to figure things out before you take it to the dealership & pay all that money....now changing the jets is a little bit hard but definately not putting on a air filter & taking off a lid or putting your shockjs on....just try to figure it out by yto urself first with the manual or with a friend...the stealership ashould be the last resort for anything you ever should need ;)

dirtysouth400ex
12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
hey!! i did the airfilter n junk like that

300exthumperluv
12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtysouth400ex
...just got it back from the shop they put my new works shocks fmf ti-4 and k&n filter W/no lid and jet kit...

and....

hey!! i did the airfilter n junk like that

so which is it???

Anyway....heres some "productive" feedback. I'd check all the electrical connections and make sure ya got good grounds. Then, I'd take a voltmeter and check the battery. Then, I'd check the battery with a voltmeter while the machine is running (and at different rpm ranges). By doing those things you should find the culprit to your electrical problem.

Out_Sider
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
did u leave the key on? that will drain ur battery

12-11-2003, 06:07 PM
aight i have an 03 400ex and i just got it back from the shop they put my new works shocks fmf ti-4 and k&n filter W/no lid and jet kit anyways i got it home got it out of the truck went for a ride around my neighborhood now i tried to crank it up this morning and nuthin happened it RAN MY BATTERY DEAD but i caint think of what is wrong.... i put jumper cables on it from my truck and charged my battery jus a question does the seat have to be on it for it to start j/w please help me :mad: :mad:

you can start it with no seat...check your connections with your electrics and check your spark plug...u may need a new one...try pumping the throttle 2 or 3 times so the accelerator pump will put some gas in there...clean up your carb...and make sure they jetted the bike correctly...you may want to run a 40-42 piolet or so...1 of these will most likely solve your problem :D

speedy400
12-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Put your quad by the heater for a hour!T heres prolly a lil bit of bad watery gas in the lines and that froze....happend to me PLENTY OF TIMES.-darren