PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Custom Billet Machined Parts?

Drtridr18
12-06-2003, 01:55 PM
I'm a Journeyman machinist/toolmaker in a small custom/one-off job-shop in Sandusky, Ohio, and we are looking for new business outlets, possibly in the line of simple billet parts like big-bar/handlebar clamps, billet wheel-spacers, resourvoir clamps...stuff like that. I had manually made a set of 2" spacers for a 400ex not too long ago for a friend; thier quality and build surpassed anything readily available on the market now. We have a HAAS VF-3 CNC machining center, an Anilam CNC lathe, as well as a complete shop of mills, lathes, grinders, and mig/tig/stick welding equipment.

I told my boss there was a definite market for simple well built custom parts, but finding an outlet for them for consistent cost-effective business would be the only issue.

So what I'm looking for is any input, opportunites, or advice on the issue!

Thanks

Justin

Bad Habit
12-06-2003, 02:12 PM
PM the admin here about commercial advertising. It's not allowed in the forums (see rule 5 below), but you could talk to him about becoming a paying advertiser.

stepupmx
12-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I dont think hes advertising, but rather askin for advice on what kind of products to make :confused:

12-06-2003, 02:32 PM
it sounds like this guy isnt advertising, sounds like hes trying to get some info.

im sure if he threw exriders some parts they wouldnt mind....

I would suggest trying to come up with a kick starter, BUT with the pivot part too. for a 250r and 400ex.

all the aftermarket companies make the kicker but dont make the pivot part that connect to the kick start spindle.

id be happy to test with you (for the 250r)

lil400exman
12-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
it sounds like this guy isnt advertising, sounds like hes trying to get some info.

im sure if he threw exriders some parts they wouldnt mind....

I would suggest trying to come up with a kick starter, BUT with the pivot part too. for a 250r and 400ex.

all the aftermarket companies make the kicker but dont make the pivot part that connect to the kick start spindle.

id be happy to test with you (for the 250r)
danget Bee you beat me to it! i will help test too with My 250R and i also have CAD experince!;)

12-06-2003, 07:54 PM
you could make a pimp side case cover for something BESIDES a banshee

Diedrich
12-06-2003, 11:08 PM
400ex dont have a kickstart..i think u could get some good business..take a poll on what people wold want made..offer them at good prices and make them good quality and people will buy them

Drtridr18
12-07-2003, 02:02 PM
That's what I was kind of thinking. I'm not trying to advertise, just trying to catch some feedback, get some ideas you know? I'm jut trying to get some ideas for some simple parts that I can use to keep our machining center busy at work, earn some points with the boss, diversify what we do... Just the issue is coming up with enough demand to keep an imaginary price livable, finding and outlet for the stuff...I don't know...I'm just trying to get some feedback and ideas!

Thanks for the help, keep it coming...

Justin