PDA

View Full Version : hmf quiet core

PHIL_B54
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
when i had my WB R4 pipe i wanted something quieter, so now i have a HMF with the quiet core. but thinking back, i almost think that the quiet core would fit into a WB R4 pipe with little or no modification. in fact from what ive seen, there may be quite a few pipes that it could easily work in.

someone with a R4, T4, or a big gun do me a favor. go out and pull off the down turn tip, and take some measurement for me.
1) the thru hole dia
2) the dia of the cbore
3) the depth of the cbore

thanks

PHIL_B54
12-06-2003, 12:35 PM
the HMF quiet core has a 1.95" body dia, a head dia of 2.475" and a head height or thickness of almost .05"

PHIL_B54
12-07-2003, 03:20 PM
anyone have a pipe they can measure?

Crayfish
12-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I have a PC T-4 pipe that I will measure when I get home and let you know what I find. I appears that it will work because I know for a fact that the inner diameter is 2", need to double check the face diameter thought. I will let you know tommorow.

sprtrx300ex
12-08-2003, 01:55 PM
I'll check my R-4 in a few days.

big bad beny
12-08-2003, 03:24 PM
Hay Phil_B54 how do you like your pipe. I am thinking about geting one my self and come pard to the stock pipe how much louder is than the HMF with the Quit cor.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

PHIL_B54
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by big bad beny
how do you like your pipe...how much louder is than the HMF with the Quit cor.

that is exactly what im looking into right now, i love it, but you are not going to get very many people to sell their old pipe and buy a whole new pipe like i did, i would have bought a quiet core in a second if i would have thought that it would have fit my R4

i would say that from what ive heard that the hmf is one of the more loud pipes out there, and the core really takes the tone down, you still keep the deep sound...it seems to disperse the "pressure wave" or what ever it is. like the pipe without the core will blow leaves off the ground 6-7 ft away, but the core seems to diffuse this wave of exhaust , just not as much as the stock pipe. loudness scale of 1-10 1=stock 10=hmf i would put the hmf with core at a about 6. it is very easy to install and remove. and i can say that i cannot tell any difference in power or in my jetting.

hope it helps someone

big bad beny
12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
hay man thanks for the Info

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

MIKE400EX
12-08-2003, 08:53 PM
BigGun quiet and race cores are the same size. Both are 14 1/4" long x 1 15/16" dia. The quiet core has a preforated end cap and some internal baffles.

PHIL_B54
12-08-2003, 09:09 PM
thank you. do they have any kind of counter bore?

MIKE400EX
12-08-2003, 09:28 PM
The BigGun cores don't have any lip or flange on either end. One end of the core slips into a counterbore in the front of the muffler body (actually the end of the intermediate pipe) and the other into a counterbore in the end cap. Each counterbore is about 1/2" or so deep. Picture a straight piece of preforated tubing, that's it. The quiet core actually has a preforated domed cap on the input side, but otherwise mounts up and looks the same.

PHIL_B54
12-09-2003, 06:28 AM
well that eliminates big gun.

anyone else?

Crayfish
12-09-2003, 10:12 AM
First of all I really need to get a new pair of calipers. Second, on my T-4 the inner diameter is just under 2", it also uses a slip in, screen type spark arrestor that has a face diameter of just under 2.5", cannot tell what the face thickness is. It appears that it will fit, which is great news. Where is the best place to get the HMF quiet core? Also do you know if it doubles as a spark arrestor?

PHIL_B54
12-09-2003, 11:55 AM
thanks for the help, that was what i was hoping to hear

i got mine thru C&D racing, and i do not know if it doubles as a spark arrestor (actually doubt it), from the spark arrestor screen that my R4 had on it i would say you could use both, the arrestor would just need reversed(bubble out instead of in) when i get off work i will try to find some pics to better explain

PHIL_B54
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
http://www.moto-man.com/catpages/details.pg?item_num=@956
http://www.moto-man.com/catpages/details.pg?item_num=@955

dont that just chap my hide, i didnt have to sell my pipe to get a quiet core, i could have just bought one...oh well i like my hmf more anyway.

if you look at the pic for the core for the R4, it looks almost identical to that of the HMF