PDA

View Full Version : TCS Vs. other major brands

cabex
12-06-2003, 12:16 PM
ok i am thinking about getting a set of TCS shocks. I was wondering, are a set of peps or elkas worth the extra money. or would a set of tsc be just as good?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
TCS has the same quality as the and Custom axis.. I personally do not have a set but the ones we have sold there have not been any complaints.

norrisboat
12-06-2003, 07:57 PM
If your interested in the best, I would go with PEP or custom axis. If you ride mx you wont see any of the pro's running tcs.

I dont know about the quality between custom axis and tcs, but the custom axis out performs the tcs on track.

thomez
12-12-2003, 09:20 AM
TCS might not be the very best but I've heard several people say they are the best bang for your buck.

If you are like the rest of us mortals I think you would be satisfied with the TCS...

A lot of it depends on what kind of a rider you are. I couldn't push any set of TCS past their limits, nor Axis, PEP, Elka, Works, etc. Some people can and actually need the best. I just like to have them so everyone knows if I'm slow, I just suck :D

brandonpeake
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
i got tcs and for me they are just as good as axis prob,b/c i cant yet push past where the tcs will go
if you get ehat im saying , if you can out ride the tcs shocks you should be getting custom axis free, b/c you are sponsored

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by norrisboat
If your interested in the best, I would go with PEP or custom axis.

so why do u think they are the best? due to the fact a sponsered racer gets them for free?

gimp419
12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
TCS shocks are great. They aren't as nice as the axis but for the money you can't beat em. You can get a set of LT TCS for $500 less than the Axis, that means a lot. I've got a set on my Z400 and they are awesome, i've never bottomed it out and I run my shocks pretty soft!

Dave400ex
12-12-2003, 02:40 PM
I think the TCS are a great shock. They are a good deal, and I have never heard any complaints about them. My brother likes his.

Greg Z
12-12-2003, 05:35 PM
racers dont ride them because TCS doesnt sponsor:rolleyes:

gimp419
12-13-2003, 11:30 AM
I had a deal with TCS last year! Who told you they don't sponsor?

nuclearkielbasa
12-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
so why do u think they are the best? due to the fact a sponsered racer gets them for free?

I think it has more to do with the fact that a lot of FAST racers turn down sponsorships from other companies and pay full price for PEP or AXIS. Go to the next national and look at how many racers on the pro gate are using what kinds of shocks. Do you really think that PEP sponsors about 85% of the pro class?

haydug
12-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Buy the TCS and spend your extra money on other go fast goodies. You will be alot happier in the long run.
I run TCS on my bikes, and I sell 8 sets of TCS to 1 set of axis/elka.
I have a set of Elka "elite" on one of my bikes, and another with TCS and after spending the proper time to set both bikes up, there is not enough difference to justify the extra money.
One of the reason's you don't see them on the pro's bikes is lack of adjusters (compression/rebound) which alot of people do not know how to properly set up anyway.

zfire_28
12-16-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by haydug
Buy the TCS and spend your extra money on other go fast goodies. You will be alot happier in the long run.
I run TCS on my bikes, and I sell 8 sets of TCS to 1 set of axis/elka.
I have a set of Elka "elite" on one of my bikes, and another with TCS and after spending the proper time to set both bikes up, there is not enough difference to justify the extra money.
One of the reason's you don't see them on the pro's bikes is lack of adjusters (compression/rebound) which alot of people do not know how to properly set up anyway.

My LT tcs are compression, rebound, and preload adjustable

norrisboat
12-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by nuclearkielbasa
I think it has more to do with the fact that a lot of FAST racers turn down sponsorships from other companies and pay full price for PEP or AXIS. Go to the next national and look at how many racers on the pro gate are using what kinds of shocks. Do you really think that PEP sponsors about 85% of the pro class?

Bingo!!!! thanks for clearing that up for all the ignorant people. I have a friend that was offered a free pair of tcs. He turned down the sponsorship to buy axis.

TCS are a good shock. They are getting better but the point is, The pro's wanna go as fast as they possibly can go, so they go with the best. PEP and custom axis.

Do you really think that PEP sponsors about 85% of the pro class?????????????????