PDA

View Full Version : Why does my 400 Sit so higher then other 400's??

greco400
12-06-2003, 11:45 AM
I Have a slight problem Every where i go shops, friends, there 400's sit so much lower then mine..:confused: they have stock shocks and every thing else as me.. I was getting +2 a-arms with works shocks (low on cash) or Used elka's or something but i was wonder how could i just lower the qaud for now.. I Dont know how..I"m getting a good bit for my 400 in a year or to.. i was thinking about keeping my back rims now (stock) and putting terf tamers on there but what size could i go i want 18's but i dont know if they will fit with the stock 400 back rim.. I was going to keep my rear shock.. and getting a-arms and shocks and that.. But if you could tell me how i could fix this with out buying anything... I dont know if you can or not Im just asking... Thanks a lot guys..

toby400ex
12-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Is it the front or the rear sitting high, the only hieght adjustment on the 400ex is the preload setting on the shocks. On the front u cant do much , bu on the back u can make it sit over an inch lower.

12-07-2003, 07:47 AM
soften up the preload..:cool:

exrider360
12-07-2003, 06:00 PM
its retarded

airheadedduner
12-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Mine is the same way. The rear shock is much firmer then others too. I have preload backed off all the way, softest compression and slowest rebound:confused:

greco400
12-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey thanks for the quick reply I just want to know because im low on cash and i want my qaud a little lower. Oh yeh i have a question on the front shocks theres the little screw on the buttom with wavy groves and could i move that some how to get the front lower and on the back do i just turn the screw on the bottom to the left or right???? :confused: THank guys a lot im Planing on getting a pipe and handle bars and nerfs soon then the suspension Im think about getting used elka's what kinda i want to get my qaud pretty low but with a great suspenison travel Im getting +2 a-arms with used shocks if i can find like a good deal on used elka's, axis< But do i get like those kinda i forget what it is but if you guys could help me i would apreciate it !!!! I ride mostly wood's and mx so.. If that help you ..:D Thank you

Greco