PDA

View Full Version : loudness ratings

DangerousDean
12-05-2003, 09:12 PM
how loud is a procircut t-4?

hawiianpwr
12-05-2003, 09:49 PM
There saying 95 db on this shootout. Correct me if I'm wrong but its legal too with the new sound laws coming are the corner you have to be below 96db's

http://www.ctracing.com/PD_ct%20photos/dirt_wheels_march_2001.htm

vroom
12-06-2003, 06:22 AM
i have one. loudest roaring pipe i have ever heard. you don't want it buddy, it's got a great throaty sound to it, decent power gains nothing special, and its way to loud to ride if you have neighboors around

cals400ex
12-06-2003, 10:56 AM
i haven't heard an aftermarket pipe that is quiet. many people say that the hmf with the quiet core is pretty quiet. my friend has an hmf with spark arrestor and it still definately echo's much more than stock and i would definately consider it not quite. it has a good tone though. i would say the t-4 is going to be about right in the middle for noise levels and power. no pipe alone is going to give tons of power on a 400ex.

quadrider400
12-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I continue to have good luck with the Whites E-series as I can "tune" the sound to get the numbers I need for a givien area... PS ride on weekdays there are less sound checker around:devil:

DangerousDean
12-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by vroom
i have one. loudest roaring pipe i have ever heard. you don't want it buddy, it's got a great throaty sound to it, decent power gains nothing special, and its way to loud to ride if you have neighboors around

so you dont recomned it then ?

I have neighbors, but living in a city, i cant really drive out of town(even thoughi live right on the edge lol) ..theres still a bylaw against driving straight out

I have the spark arrester off my stock pipe and its fairly loud.... i dunno

I really like the "slim" look of the t-4 and ti-4 and stuff,i hate how the white bros pipes look :(

vroom
12-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
so you dont recomned it then ?

I have neighbors, but living in a city, i cant really drive out of town(even thoughi live right on the edge lol) ..theres still a bylaw against driving straight out

I have the spark arrester off my stock pipe and its fairly loud.... i dunno

I really like the "slim" look of the t-4 and ti-4 and stuff,i hate how the white bros pipes look :(

yeah i know what you mean about the e-series, not that hot lookin. It prolyl out-performs the t-4 but what the heck looks count too :macho

anyways, i recomend it if you want to have a badass sounding bike, it's a pretty cheap slip - on and with a header it'll deff add noticible gains. as for now it's been god to me, soon i'll be getting the headers and boring it out to a 416 and hopefully she'll be eating my friends 03 ex like butta' :blah:

12-06-2003, 07:58 PM
the cobra is louder :D

slosh13
12-06-2003, 09:32 PM
TC is definately the loudest by far. I have one on my 416 and its at like 108-110 db:devil:

Smokin 440
12-08-2003, 03:27 PM
For a quiet pipe look into the fmf power core 5 or sumthin like that, i heard its kinda pricey but i guess its not too loud, and has some pretty good power gains too...