PDA

View Full Version : Street Riding with SNOW!!!

iravven
12-05-2003, 08:34 PM
i was just wandering, i have read alot of you guys posts about riding on the street whne it snows. Is this leags or is it just becasue no one bothers you? I live in MD and i would like to know if i can leagally ride on the street when there is snow or not? thanks guys i appreciate it. Ill be riding my trials either way because i love snow riding, just wandering if I could leaglly ride the streets. That would be really cool if i could. Thank you in advance for all of youre responses.
-Isaac

fasterz
12-05-2003, 08:41 PM
if theres a snow emergency then yes u can ride where ever your heart pleases you to go:blah: if not a state of emergency, then its not totally legel put most lieking they wont bother you if your not goin mach 80 by lil kids and theres a good amount of snow. anaomously call you police station and see what they say if you are really concered about gettin caught;)

iravven
12-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I really appreciate youre super fast reply man, i didnt have that thread up 5 minutes before you answered me. I really appreciat eit. Thank you. and i think ill be doing a lot fo riding tomarrow and a little on the streets.
-Isaac

Narly R
12-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I went to a big resort, and we took the wheelers, but there was nobody on the roads/highway, and we drove all over. It was freakin awsome, but there was cops there, and the guy at the gas station said if we get cought we could get a big ticket, so we stopped....:( I say go for it!

4wheelboy
12-05-2003, 08:49 PM
i got stoped tonite and i was told u walk it home and my name address, and number were taken;)

CHAR250R
12-05-2003, 09:28 PM
I was just out zippin around. Didn't see anybody. As soon as I got home and put the quad away, 8 quads flew by my house. I'll be out tomorrow, too!

quaddict53
12-05-2003, 10:07 PM
me and my dad were out til 11:30 tonite just cruisin the roads:devil:

Honda4trax250x
12-05-2003, 10:09 PM
how do we know if its a state of emergency????

ryanh250ex
12-05-2003, 10:54 PM
i went for about a half hour at around 4- 4:30, then went out to my friend's house and was out from 6:30 to 8:15.

unless it's a state of emergency, yes, it's illegal technically, but hardly anyone will give you problems. this is mainly because 1. it's snowing, people should enjoy it in their own ways, 2. the cops cant chase quads without crashing evenutally, and 3. we're just too fast for the cop cars in these conditions. it's much easier to throw a 350 lb quad around a snowey corner at 35 mph than it is to throw a Crown Vic around that same corner at the same speed.

while making the 2 mile ride to and from my friends house, i was scared ****less of a cop seeing me. i panicked the entire way there and back as to what i would do if i spotted one. luckily, i guess the cops in jackson were busy with more pressing things than chasing down us riders so tonight's riding experience was 100% cop free, but i traveled with caution. most of the time i traveled on the side of the road, unless there wasn't enough space. in that case, i moved into the proper lane of traffic and basically gunned it so i didn't get in the way of others.

just try to obey the traffic rules and stay out of the way of other cars and you should be okay.

Honda4trax250x
12-05-2003, 11:02 PM
like i said before: how do we know if its a state of emergency??? im dieing to go do some riding tomorrow but i dont wanna get into trouble cuz the cops around here are jerks.

ryanh250ex
12-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
like i said before: how do we know if its a state of emergency??? im dieing to go do some riding tomorrow but i dont wanna get into trouble cuz the cops around here are jerks.

listen on the radio and on the news...... they will mention it if it happens.

Atreyu
12-06-2003, 07:47 AM
I got chased by about four cops last night at my high school. Kinda sucked because that's the best place to ride when it snows.

stepupmx
12-06-2003, 09:22 AM
California sucks. No snow here :(

vroom
12-06-2003, 05:49 PM
dude, it's no biggy, me and my buds were out ridin tonight and we went to fil lup right i nthe middle of town, cruised through town (at proper speed limits) and there was a decent ammount of cars out, we massed a cop after our red light turned green and he didnt' say anything we filled up on the way home and a cop acctually came over and checkout out our rides :p he had a big bear or somethin and said he'd be out tomorrow

400exrules
12-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by vroom
dude, it's no biggy, me and my buds were out ridin tonight and we went to fil lup right i nthe middle of town, cruised through town (at proper speed limits) and there was a decent ammount of cars out, we massed a cop after our red light turned green and he didnt' say anything we filled up on the way home and a cop acctually came over and checkout out our rides :p he had a big bear or somethin and said he'd be out tomorrow

see most cops dont care as long as u dont drive like a maniac

just be safe and drive carefully, and u shouldnt get into trouble....oh yah, if u see a cop........dont run, because if u get away, from then on they are gonna go tell everyone to put their quads up that they see....

quadryda
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
ridin the roads is fun i did it alot today the cops in our hood say nice quad n hey whutsup

popo
12-06-2003, 11:25 PM
2. the cops cant chase quads without crashing evenutally, and 3. we're just too fast for the cop cars in these conditions. it's much easier to throw a 350 lb quad around a snowey corner at 35 mph than it is to throw a Crown Vic around that same corner at the same speed.

Dude I will guarantee you would never get away from me. My cop car comes with a lockable flure system. I'll get about 20 feet on top of you and rotor wash ya.

LazeR
12-07-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by popo
Dude I will guarantee you would never get away from me. My cop car comes with a lockable flure system. I'll get about 20 feet on top of you and rotor wash ya.

haha that is awesome, yea, your one cop that would be hard to run from but what if we go into the forest ? muhahaha lol:devil: :eek2: :huh

also what would you do if you caught someone riding there quad on the snowwwwwwwwwy roads? providing they werent driving like morons and endangering ppl?

popo
12-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
haha that is awesome, yea, your one cop that would be hard to run from but what if we go into the forest ? muhahaha lol:devil: :eek2: :huh

also what would you do if you caught someone riding there quad on the snowwwwwwwwwy roads? providing they werent driving like morons and endangering ppl?

That's what the flure is for. I can see thru the trees. You engine and body heat give you away.... AW WHOOOPISH!

AND I WOULD TAKE THEIR QUAD AND GO RIDE IT MYSELF AND BREAK THE LAW LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

330exracer122
12-07-2003, 09:39 AM
when the snow comes in my town the roads are ours an the jeeps we dont ever get bothered by the police. just hrs upon hours of fun.

Chanman420q
12-07-2003, 02:46 PM
i was out crusin the town for about 3 and half hours last night, i didnt see any cops, but im sure they wouldnt give us any trouble.

my rule of thumb is if the snow is covering any lines on the roads, there free game. Meaning if i cant see the yellow line down the middle at all.... im riding:cool:

dirtriderex
12-07-2003, 03:02 PM
what kind of tires do you guys use, I can barley get anywhere. But here in the suburbs of chicago me and my buddy do it, but only while its snowing so there are like no cars out any ways.

exrider360
12-07-2003, 05:14 PM
I got a 1 1/2 of snow and i rode form friday night at 1130 till like 3 o clock in the after noon all day nad i diidnt see one cop out in the storm. and its real funn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorsy

exrider360
12-07-2003, 05:17 PM
I have a sett of realtor reaer on 9's and all there good for is going in a sstrait line they rock when you get them in the foot of snow. I also have a set of bandits reas on 9's amd they arent the greatest i think they totally suck. bald stocker front tires work great to,

Dorsy

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Atreyu I got chased by about four cops last night at my high school. Kinda sucked because that's the best place to ride when it snows.

What a fun night that was. Good thing super-cop jumped out of his car.

Adrenalinerush
12-10-2003, 06:51 AM
as long as theres like 3 inchs of snow onthe road the cops can't go fast enough to keep up with unless the got an suv. i go out all the time on the roads in the nsow and were doin like 40 or 50 and noone bothers you u ccan still go off into fields when ther is olny like 3 inchs