PDA

View Full Version : xc or mx

Out_Sider
12-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Aight since i got my 300 running, i've really been wondering which one i would like to race. I wont be racing on the 300 im just experimenting with which one i like more. Is there a way to build up a machine to where it can be good at both? right now all i have are the mods in my sig, and i have 3in spacers on the front right now. BTW i went my honda dealer today after school and they showed me a video of the 450r in action and told me if i started racing MX and did good, that when i turn 16 that they would either give me a 450r, or give me a big discount on one, and give huge discounts on all their products...So im kinda leaning towards mx, but rippin up the trails is fun! so im kinda in a delima (sp?)...but any advice is much apprenciated

12-05-2003, 08:28 PM
you prob got a better chance of winning in xc than mx

Narly R
12-05-2003, 08:28 PM
:eek2: Ur gunna race MX and ur gunna LIKE it!

j/k but WOW! If you do good they are going to GIVE you a 450, or maybe big discount!?!! I say mx. sound slike someone is going to back you.

Out_Sider
12-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
:eek2: Ur gunna race MX and ur gunna LIKE it!

j/k but WOW! If you do good they are going to GIVE you a 450, or maybe big discount!?!! I say mx. sound slike someone is going to back you.

yea i know! and there are many more mx tracks around here then xc tracks. The only one i know of is in Union..the Big Buck or somin.. but there are 2 mx tracks near me...one is called turkey creek mx park and the other is TNT. turkey creeek is more of a practice track tho.. but tnt actually does have racing. but you see if i dont get a 450r then im gonna end up with a 400ex..which will become a 440 shortly after i get it :devil: but i just want to get a taste of both types of racing b4 i truly decide..and thats why im keeping the ole 300 for a while longer

12-05-2003, 08:36 PM
there not gonan just give you one, i dont t hink the pros get them for free maybe if you were awesome

Narly R
12-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
there not gonan just give you one, i dont t hink the pros get them for free maybe if you were awesome

Ya...:( but they could give you a discount. Just try both and see. I think most can relate to xc better, but maybe mx might be harder. I dunno. Just whatever you like do it.

416exmx
12-05-2003, 09:06 PM
this website has way more XC'ers than MX'ers i think...i wonder why???

toby400ex
12-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
Aight since i got my 300 running, i've really been wondering which one i would like to race. I wont be racing on the 300 im just experimenting with which one i like more. Is there a way to build up a machine to where it can be good at both? right now all i have are the mods in my sig, and i have 3in spacers on the front right now. BTW i went my honda dealer today after school and they showed me a video of the 450r in action and told me if i started racing MX and did good, that when i turn 16 that they would either give me a 450r, or give me a big discount on one, and give huge discounts on all their products...So im kinda leaning towards mx, but rippin up the trails is fun! so im kinda in a delima (sp?)...but any advice is much apprenciated I get the feeling ur dealer was feeding u a load of bullchit.:rolleyes:

Out_Sider
12-06-2003, 06:42 AM
yea, i they arent gonna give me a 450, or a 400ex. But i called them this morning and talked to the guy and he said that if i did do good and had trophies and stuff to prove it, and had riding videos that they would consider giving me a 40-50% discount off a 400ex, and 5-15% discount off on a 450. still sounds good to me, but i want to try both and truly decide. im leaning more for mx right now, but i do like fast trail riding...but i guess i'll see because my dad is taking me up to Turkey Creek mx park after christmas...(because after christmas it will have better looks, and suspension ;) ) but thanks for the advice everyone!

4TraxRider
12-06-2003, 07:45 AM
I race MX and love it, and I also did an XC race with my MX quad. I just put 22 inch XCT's on it. I wasn't expecting to win, but the quad worked fine, and it had +2 arms and axle and an MX motor package. You can build a quad that can do both, but it won't be great at either.

gimp419
12-08-2003, 03:06 PM
If your dealer will give you that kind of discount then you are one lucky SOB!!! LOL!

I love mx, I grew up riding trails, but now I just consentrate on mx. I haven't been on a trail in about 3 years, I'd probably freak out if I saw a tree! LOL! If you've got MX tracks close and you can get a great sponsor for riding mx then that is what you need to consentrate on. Build a quad that is capable for MX and if you want to trail ride it on the side then do that.

I've also noticed that there seem to be a lot more XC riders on here than MX riders. Someone should run a poll or something just to see the ratio of MXers to XCers.

big bad beny
12-10-2003, 03:29 PM
well i just would like to say go with what you like to do and what you are good at. XC is growing a lot faster than MX so you might what to look at that to. The 440 well me verry nice in the woods and so well the 450R. But go race what you like and fell good at that's what i did.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

Out_Sider
12-10-2003, 05:45 PM
yea, i plan on racing both until i make my final decision. I have relized that im very fast on the tight trails around my house, but in the trail, there are jumps, stumps, roots, ruts, everything imaginable (sp?) and i really enjoy riding on those, and im FASSSST! :p But i've never ridin a mx track, well not a real one, i've rode many home made ones that probably werent very great. After X mas, my dad said he'd take me to our local mx track, and watch me practice to see if im faster at xc or mx. Cuz he knows im fast in the woods :devil: But watever i choose i want it to benefit me the most. I heard sponsors are easier to come by in MX, than in XC. But im not sure.