PDA

View Full Version : Man what a storm!!!

Woodsrider
12-05-2003, 07:21 PM
What did I miss? Been out of power for 37+ hours, had winds of seventy miles an hour early Thursday morning. Many families wont have power for two more days. Then there are all the families who have to do major home repairs.

blondie69
12-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Man that sukz to hear! Musta been some cold!!! Is everyone alright?:confused:

stepupmx
12-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
What did I miss? Been out of power for 37+ hours, had winds of seventy miles an hour early Thursday morning. Many families wont have power for two more days. Then there are all the families who have to do major home repairs.

Thank God for california!

lol im j/k

But that must of sucked. Did your house get messed?

Woodsrider
12-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by stepupmx
Thank God for california!

lol im j/k

But that must of sucked. Did your house get messed?

What does cali have to do with it? I live in Washington:huh

Woodsrider
12-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by blondie69

Yup everyones okay, still no deaths reported due to the fallen trees or power lines. Lots of roofing companies will be hiring temp help for the next few weeks. No damage to my house just the fence and a tree in the back yard. I got lucky. more than fourty five percent of the homes in our town have damage.

Narly R
12-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Im in oregon. We never have storms that are real bad....

Hope everyone is okup there man...:(

Chef
12-05-2003, 07:47 PM
We got hit pretty good down here. At about 3 in the morning I got woke up by the power going on and off like every second about 3 times. Then it sounded like a dead body blew against my house...:huh

JOEX
12-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Saw that on news Mike. They showed footage of roofs being peeled off, a manufactured home that tipped over and some stacks of crated Polaris sleds knocked over:eek2:

Joe

stepupmx
12-05-2003, 08:13 PM

I was saying im glad i live in california cuz no storm ever hit here.

gibson400ex
12-05-2003, 08:15 PM

it is hitting us in Mass as we speak pretty good.......we are expected 12+:eek: Tegan- you'll be getting it soon:devil:, i think????

MXcutie
12-05-2003, 08:21 PM
I live in PA and it started to snow here at 11:30 last nite and it hasnt stopped at all... we have over 2 feet i would say... it ****ing sucks :(

Narly R
12-05-2003, 08:36 PM
I want show!:mad: Maybe we will get some...

dirtmomma
12-05-2003, 08:39 PM
HMMMMM OH yeah I see you got hit pretty bad was wondering about ya glad to hear everyone is all good!! We had some winds but nothing like that this time. Thats how is was for us the last wind storm not too long ago, went to Seattle today & there were alot of branches on the roads & a TON of water:rolleyes: Well take it easy & stay grounded (hehehe):devil:

JustRace
12-05-2003, 08:44 PM
glad you are ok. I wish we would get some snow up here in MI

QuadJunkies
12-05-2003, 09:38 PM
were feeling alot of that wind over here today too....But not like you guys in Wash. was........:eek2:

JTRtrx250r
12-06-2003, 12:31 AM
yeah....that was fun:rolleyes: that kinda chit's not cool w/ a saltwater tank:mad:

dirtmomma
12-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
yeah....that was fun:rolleyes: that kinda chit's not cool w/ a saltwater tank:mad:

Hye you you musta lost power too huh. Yeah hope all the fish are alright!! We didn't loose power this time. But then again we didn't get it as bad as everyone else. Oooooo but looky herer I'm watching the weather for the races tonight & it might get a little sunny:D :D Thats all good

Woodsrider
12-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Saw that on news Mike. They showed footage of roofs being peeled off, a manufactured home that tipped over and some stacks of crated Polaris sleds knocked over:eek2:

Joe

LOL yah that was prolly out at Clems place. Thats where they store all the sleds and ATV's when the attic is full at the dealership. Yesterday was a busy day there. The were selling generators like they were going out of style. I almost bought one, but thought better of it. Four hours after I left the dealers I got my power back. Im gonna go shopping for a generator in a couple weeks when they go on sale:D

dirtmomma
12-06-2003, 08:29 AM
LOL yah that was prolly out at Clems place. Thats where they store all the sleds and ATV's when the attic is full at the dealership. Yesterday was a busy day there. The were selling generators like they were going out of style. I almost bought one, but thought better of it. Four hours after I left the dealers I got my power back. Im gonna go shopping for a generator in a couple weeks when they go on sale:D

As soon as you guy buy a generator you won't loose power anymore LOL thats what happened to us, we got out 5000watter 5 yrs ago & haven't had t use it once for the house!!! Almost the last wind storm but that was the 1st time we lost power for more than 5 min!!! But just think of all the other things you can use them for they are def worth the $$$ I would look at Northern Equipement when your ready to buy thats where we got ours!!

AlaskaSpeed
12-06-2003, 08:30 AM
:macho

Woodsrider
12-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
As soon as you guy buy a generator you won't loose power anymore LOL thats what happened to us, we got out 5000watter 5 yrs ago & haven't had t use it once for the house!!! Almost the last wind storm but that was the 1st time we lost power for more than 5 min!!! But just think of all the other things you can use them for they are def worth the $$$ I would look at Northern Equipement when your ready to buy thats where we got ours!!

We have lived here in Enumclaw for 12 years, and have lost power for more than 24hours four times. And each time I say the same thing, "wish I had a generator". If I never use it, all the better. ;) The Kawasaki dealer was getting $1800 for the 5000 watt units yesterday. They sold out, as did every other place that carries generators in south king and north pierce county.

FastByDesign
12-06-2003, 11:49 AM

LMFAO

FastByDesign
12-06-2003, 11:50 AM
hey if you lost pwoer for 37+ hours, is the food in the refridgerator alright?:p

JTRtrx250r
12-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hye you you musta lost power too huh. Yeah hope all the fish are alright!! We didn't loose power this time. But then again we didn't get it as bad as everyone else. Oooooo but looky herer I'm watching the weather for the races tonight & it might get a little sunny:D :D Thats all good Yeah we sure did...Im up on Finn Hill and the power lines are undrground around here,ppl told us we wouldnt loose power up here b/c of it. Well they were sure wrong!! My orange Clown fish was black and blue Damsel was white....not a good sign..and were getting no oxygen and quite pissed,my clown mustered up enough energy to swim up and bite me,he's never done that in the 2 yrs Ive had them,They all seem back to normal now tho:D

Im gonna try and do some spectating tonight ...if all goes as planned,wether I make it out or not.....KICK SOME BUTT!!!! and Good Luck;) :D

Woodsrider
12-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by FastByDesign
hey if you lost pwoer for 37+ hours, is the food in the refridgerator alright?:p

We tossed all the chit we didnt get ate before it got questionable.

I borrowed a little camp generator from the neighbor that powerd the deep freeze, and moved all the stuff from in the house to the garage. we prolly tossed about 30$ worth of food all together. Not bad, could have been worse. Next week we start shopping for a generator:D

adema
12-06-2003, 07:51 PM
for us in new jersey we have about 15 inches and i am lovin it i took my z400 out and had some fun but the only thing is that we ran into so popo:cool:

blondie69
12-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
it is hitting us in Mass as we speak pretty good.......we are expected 12+:eek: Tegan- you'll be getting it soon:devil:, i think????

Ya..I think were supposed to get it tonight?:confused: But I think were only supposed to get like 12 cms (about 5 or so inches) and then its supposed to rain and melt it all, and I think we might get a lil more tomorrow, but not much

gibson400ex
12-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Ya..I think were supposed to get it tonight?:confused: But I think were only supposed to get like 12 cms (about 5 or so inches) and then its supposed to rain and melt it all, and I think we might get a lil more tomorrow, but not much

sweet we already ahve like 6-10+:eek2: