PDA

View Full Version : morning gncc starts

gump
12-05-2003, 06:21 PM
what class starts 1st in the morning race?? or which is supposed to be the fastest class in the morning ??

cdalejef
12-05-2003, 06:26 PM
they alternate Women/super senior and 4-stroke stock. Women or stock usually take the overall

foxracingpredat
12-07-2003, 01:56 AM
idk but they should have the 4stroke classes towards the front and the untilitys in the back..last year i was in 4stroke novice 16-24 and it got annoying having to pass all the utililties and anyways most of us 4stroke riders can be pretty fast, so why do they put us so far back???

Wingnut
12-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by foxracingpredat
idk but they should have the 4stroke classes towards the front and the untilitys in the back..last year i was in 4stroke novice 16-24 and it got annoying having to pass all the utililties and anyways most of us 4stroke riders can be pretty fast, so why do they put us so far back???

I asked Racer Productions the same question. They ignored it.:grr:

WV-V-Force
12-07-2003, 10:02 AM
that they should rotate through all of the classes in the morning so that every classs has a chance to start upfront.

foxracingpredat
12-07-2003, 04:33 PM
wingnut that is bull**** that they ignored u,,,cant they realize that we are faster than most of the utilities? good luck next year in 4stroke stock(i think i saw u say u were racing that class?)atleast u wont have to deal with the starting situation and the having to pass utilities

WV-V-Force
12-07-2003, 04:39 PM
I believe that there are a few guys that run in those classes that are fast also and shouldnt be penalized because they are in a utility class.

Wingnut
12-07-2003, 05:13 PM
I liked how they did it back in the '02 season. At the last 4 races the C classes were moved infront of the utilities. One race 4-Stroke C was on the second row, but that made for a long day for the Stock class!

Some of the sponsors that sponsor the GNCC's also sponsor the faster of the faster morning, non C, racers. Those sponsors want to see their riders do good and since they sponsor the series, they have the power to make it happen.

lshonda310
12-08-2003, 07:03 AM
there are a couple of big time sponsored quads in the utility classes, plus they are not considered a c class either, that is why RP ignored the question, but they still should acknowledge that the c classes bring a lot of money to them.

Quad4x4
12-08-2003, 07:26 AM
I believe I watched a couple of Utility Unlimited riders spank most of the morning class last year. It is my thought that there are fast racers in every class, and slower racers in every class. So unless you pick out the fastest racers from each class for the front row someones not going to be happy.

Wingnut
12-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Quad4x4
I believe I watched a couple of Utility Unlimited riders spank most of the morning class last year. It is my thought that there are fast racers in every class, and slower racers in every class. So unless you pick out the fastest racers from each class for the front row someones not going to be happy.

Thats true. There are some really fast utility riders, but what I don't like is that the C classes were always at the back. The closest my class ever got to the front was the sixth row, and we were there only twice in 13 races . Usually we were on the 7th or 8th (Utilities start on rows 3, 4, and 5). Most of the utility riders will not let us by and cost us a lot of time, but then there are a few, like Mike Penland, who will almost wreck themselves trying to let a faster rider by. At a muddy race I think the utilities should always be ahead, but at the dry races they really hold us up.

400exmom
12-08-2003, 08:26 AM
found this~

cdalejef
12-08-2003, 08:29 AM
AHHHH.....rowlrag's brief return to a 250R. That didn't last long! :p

400exmom
12-08-2003, 08:34 AM
traci's holeshot @ PA

Quad4x4
12-08-2003, 08:55 AM
How about this ....top 3 from each class at last race can start on front row?

dwf126
12-08-2003, 08:56 AM
When I ran the C class back in 2001 we had the same issue. We were always behind the Utility guys. My argument was the fast Utility guys and the fast C guys were about the same speed.

However the middle pack of C riders were usually quite a bit faster than all but the fastest of the utility riders. I dont' know if that still holds true because I haven't compared times like I did that season.

I think the reason that they start them the way they do is becuase the fast C guys will have a lot less utility bikes to pass than if it were reversed.

I do agree that a lot of the slower utility guys are bad about letting non-utility bikes pass.

I believe it is good experiene though, it helps you learn to make passes, even ones that won't let you pass.

jja125
12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah, if you can't pass a utility quad then you need to try a different kind of racing. there's plenty of wide open fields at most of the gncc's that you should be able to burn them - if you can't then you've got a problem......

lshonda310
12-08-2003, 10:07 AM
If "C" riders are really that fast, maybe they should be in a "B" or even an "A" class. I know of guys running the "A" class in district, but running in the "C" class at the nationals, and have a hard time winning, so I know there are a lot of riders that are sand bagging.

Wingnut
12-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jja125
yeah, if you can't pass a utility quad then you need to try a different kind of racing. there's plenty of wide open fields at most of the gncc's that you should be able to burn them - if you can't then you've got a problem......

Have you ever seen what some of the Unlimited V-Forces can do? Or how about Scott Kilby's Modified Prairie 700? A lot of these utilities are just as fast or faster than my 416 in the open sections and they have incredible braking power. Sure the slower ones are easy to pass, but by the time I catch the faster ones, if they don't let me by I can be stuck behind them for a while.

Originally posted by lshonda310
If "C" riders are really that fast, maybe they should be in a "B" or even an "A" class. I know of guys running the "A" class in district, but running in the "C" class at the nationals, and have a hard time winning, so I know there are a lot of riders that are sand bagging.

C class is for beginners. There are a lot of riders who start the season being slow and inexperienced but imporve as the year goes on. They should not have to move to a different class just because they become a better rider.

Originally posted by Quad4x4
How about this ....top 3 from each class at last race can start on front row?

I made a similar suggestion. I suggested that the C riders who have at least 8 races, therefore running for points, be moved up infront of the utilities at the Ironman. That way there would be no unfair advantage for some of the riders who were in it for points.

The fact is, the C classes don't get much attention from sponsors, spectators, or magazines and will not be moved up front because the other morning classes do get attention. I think the reason that we don't get any recognition is because we are at the back. So, I don't see things changing.

rowlrag
12-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
found this~
Dam Momma I am Sexy:D

400exmom
12-08-2003, 02:22 PM
you found it...

rowlrag
12-08-2003, 02:33 PM
:muscle: