PDA

View Full Version : pep limited mass vs. elkas

12-05-2003, 03:51 PM
ok somebody ,no names, (cough jumbo747 cough) said that " i think ur wasting ur money & could get elkas w/ rezzies for a whiole lot cheaper & be just as happy" (that came off an im) i was thinking abotu getting limited mass and he told me that.. so what do you guys think? would pep limited mass be just as good or better then some decent triple rate elkas wid all the adj.

btw i am sending my rear to santo derisi to be pimped so dont need the rears

12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
:D :p

pnut420
12-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Well lets see Jumbos explanation of this....

I dont see what advantage the Elkas would have and as far as prices they should be around the same, depending on where you are buying. My brother has standerd travel PEP and I just bought a set of LT PEP, my brothers work awesome. Elka and PEP are both good though...

12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
okay...i might be wrong but i thought:

1. the peps would have a lot longer wait
2. the elkas would be cheaper
3. peps work best if you have a good shock on the back instead of just a revalved one

:confused:

K_Fulk
12-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
okay...i might be wrong but i thought:

1. the peps would have a lot longer wait

True

2. the elkas would be cheaper

Depends which elkas you get.

3. peps work best if you have a good shock on the back instead of just a revalved one

Not true peps revalves work pretty good.
:confused:

Chanman420q
12-06-2003, 10:15 AM
i have limited mass and the stock rear...... works perfectly fine.....

what are u basing ur information on here?

12-06-2003, 02:04 PM
none...thats just what I thought he should do & Itold him i was probvably wrong Like i usually am & to make a post about this..

Chanman420q
12-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
none...thats just what I thought he should do & Itold him i was probvably wrong Like i usually am & to make a post about this..

atleast u can admit it:o

bmw500hp
12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by member
ok somebody ,no names, (cough jumbo747 cough) said that " i think ur wasting ur money & could get elkas w/ rezzies for a whiole lot cheaper & be just as happy" (that came off an im) i was thinking abotu getting limited mass and he told me that.. so what do you guys think? would pep limited mass be just as good or better then some decent triple rate elkas wid all the adj.

btw i am sending my rear to santo derisi to be pimped so dont need the rears

You should work with Santo with that decision..your about to start a business relationship with one of the fastest rising guru's in the suspension world. Making the best choice is as easy as trusting in his reccomendation! :cool:

pnut420
12-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah I talked to santo and even with the LT front PEP Im getting, he said he could rework the rear to work with the LT fronts just fine. Either way PEP or Elka, it is good to have the rear upgraded to a dual rate and valved to your weight, wht spend $800 and stop there, Santo charges around $350 for a really good rear rebuild, but I didnt say anything....