PDA

View Full Version : Fast Help With Ac Racing Nerfs

capecod400ex
12-05-2003, 02:06 PM
My ac nerf showed up today and i tryed to fit em on the 400ex and they dident seem to fit can some one tell my how to mount them. They are jsut standard nerfs.

capecod400ex
12-05-2003, 02:28 PM
i need a pic of ware they mount up to the frame buy the engine mounts. thanks

D11NR
12-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by capecod400ex
My ac nerf showed up today and i tryed to fit em on the 400ex and they dident seem to fit can some one tell my how to mount them. They are jsut standard nerfs.
Did you buy em off Ebay? Reason I ask is I bought some from a guy on ebay and they didnt mount the way they should and I had to drill a whole in my motor mount, I was pretty pi$$ed but I made em work.

capecod400ex
12-05-2003, 03:37 PM
yeah i did buy em form thaire form atvaddiction

D11NR
12-05-2003, 03:43 PM
I will try and get a pic to you of mine, might be tomorrow though I gotta go to a XMAS dinner right now.

12-05-2003, 04:02 PM
i think the nerfs that some people sell on ebay are the rejects like they do with the blemished maiers

capecod400ex
12-05-2003, 04:10 PM
yeah jumbo i think your rigth cause thaires some welds that dont look certifed to lol.

D11R if u could get thows pics tommrow that would be sweet thanks

D11NR
12-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by capecod400ex

D11R if u could get thows pics tommrow that would be sweet thanks
Shoot me an email and i will send you the pics tomorrow:D
clscott524@sbcglobal.net

capecod400ex
12-06-2003, 05:08 AM
send em on over to BryRylan@aol.com

12-06-2003, 09:13 AM
ok...i have a question about this...i just bought some of the brand new style ac nerfs...the people i bought them from (the company) did a horrible job and sent me the wrong ones and they were messed up and took 4 weeks to get here...long story i wont mention names...but i think i am missing a slot for the last peice of netting...do your nerfs have the same amount of slots on both sides...1 side of mine is 1 short and i am thinkin i should have another to hook up the nets...i am sending them back newayz...if its possible cuz they are bein some @#$%^&** about it...but if they have all the slots i may just keep them...if u have the brand new ones could u pls tell me if u have the same amount of slots on each side and how many u have...1 side of mine fits all the net but the other is missing a slot....thx

D11NR
12-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
ok...i have a question about this...i just bought some of the brand new style ac nerfs...the people i bought them from (the company) did a horrible job and sent me the wrong ones and they were messed up and took 4 weeks to get here...long story i wont mention names...but i think i am missing a slot for the last peice of netting...do your nerfs have the same amount of slots on both sides...1 side of mine is 1 short and i am thinkin i should have another to hook up the nets...i am sending them back newayz...if its possible cuz they are bein some @#$%^&** about it...but if they have all the slots i may just keep them...if u have the brand new ones could u pls tell me if u have the same amount of slots on each side and how many u have...1 side of mine fits all the net but the other is missing a slot....thx
Not sure on yours man, mine are fine other than the bracket that mounted to the motor mount was welded in the wrong spot:grr:
But what could I do I got em cheap enough, so Im not complaining. I just drilled a whole and there you go.
Capecod your pics are sent of the brackets.
L8R

12-06-2003, 04:21 PM
could u please count the number of net mounts on each side and the totall amount of them...if u could do this it would help me a ton...post the right side amount...left side amount...and the totall...that would help me a ton...thx man

D11NR
12-06-2003, 04:45 PM
My right side has 2 front, 2 side, and 2 rear 6 total.
Left is the same. Hope this helps I can send you a pic if you want.

12-06-2003, 04:47 PM
are u sure thats not the ac standerd? i need to kno about the ac pro peg brand new style...im on ac racings site...and it looks to me like im missing 1...if i am im gonna be PISSED:mad:

D11NR
12-06-2003, 05:25 PM
I dont know:confused: -Same place you got yours to BTW. I wont buy from him again, I'm not to worried about it it was only $125
It doesnt sound like yours is the same style I have though.

12-06-2003, 06:37 PM
well this was all from team factory racing i experianced these problems...also they charged me $230 something when we told them it was ok for $168...which they told us it would cost...next week they are at the door and charged us $230 something for nerfs they said would cost $168...and mine r the BRAND new style...they are missing a clip i just checked...ill call them later and discuss this problem with them...you all can have your opinions on what they did to me ;)

D11NR
12-07-2003, 07:41 AM
You should have an agreement saying how much it was if you got em off ebay. I would have told them to stick em if they tried to charge me more than the agreed price. L8R

12-07-2003, 08:43 AM
i didnt get them from ebay...i ordered them over the phone with team factory racing...and they charged a lot more then they said to our credit card...thats for sure...and im missing a net mount...so they spike the price and send us nerfs that arent even fully assembled

AlaskaSpeed
12-07-2003, 08:49 AM
AC's mount with a little coaxing to say the least. I got two words...VISE GRIPS....

12-07-2003, 08:54 AM
they are really that hard to get in? look pretty simple just looking at them...didnt kno it was gonna be that much of a pain in the @$$

AlaskaSpeed
12-07-2003, 08:57 AM
:confused:

Tommy 17
12-07-2003, 09:10 AM
i love ACs directions that came with my AC pro pegs...

one step was u may have to bend the nerf bars to get them to fit:rolleyes:

12-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i love ACs directions that came with my AC pro pegs...

one step was u may have to bend the nerf bars to get them to fit:rolleyes:

lol i didnt even get instructions

LTandRaptorider
12-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i didnt get them from ebay...i ordered them over the phone with team factory racing...and they charged a lot more then they said to our credit card...thats for sure...and im missing a net mount...so they spike the price and send us nerfs that arent even fully assembled

Yeah, Team Factory Racing doesn't seem too good. I ordered a Roll Design steering stem with anti-vbe mounts. About 3 weeks later I get the stem... minus the mounts! About 3 weeks later after calling them, I get the mounts... black, didn't quite match the chrome stem... I gave up and kept them.

capecod400ex
12-14-2003, 01:15 PM
thaire mounted and ready to go i had to use vise grips and alittle bending but thaire all set now so. thanks to every one for posting feed back.

redroost85
12-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Great, lol! I just got my regular style AC's and have yet to put them due to working on other things on the quad. Shhesh, that's all I need......more screwing around with silly schiz!

Man, I should start my own aftermarket company. It will be called "Everything Effing Fits the First Time" No tweaking and hammering on crap to get it to fit. Dang it feels like everything on my ride is rigged somehow. Just once I want something to bolt right up. OK I am done, I just had to vent a bit. As you can tell I just came in from the garage from rigging yet another thing. :grr: