PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks at rausch

Kilabanshee
12-05-2003, 01:10 PM
I was wondering how works shocks set up for 210mx rider iam 180 now would work out at rausch creek. Very soon iam getting a drs rebuild or an elka back thanks for any help.

Tommy 17
12-05-2003, 02:01 PM
i've seen works shocks do just fine there... pappy had them, banshee guy had them... and tons of others...

but the thing is this... i've seen stock shocks jump almost every jump on that track... but i've seen full pro trax bikes not do one jump;)

jarred15801
12-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I thought he was asking is the shock will work well becasue its not setup for his weight. Its setup for 210 lbs and he is 180??

Im not sure if that was what he was asking or not though>>

12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
they might be a little stiffer?

Kilabanshee
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Nah i really was wondering how the soak up most the impact from the jumps. I mean i saw a stock warrior getting some sick air in one of the members posts soo iam sure i could do most the jumps if i worked up the balls.

Tommy 17
12-05-2003, 07:26 PM
if the shocks are set up right i've seen them take every jump on that track...

i know there was a DS650 there one day with works shocks and he did ever jump on the quad only track;)

pnut420
12-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
if the shocks are set up right i've seen them take every jump on that track...

i know there was a DS650 there one day with works shocks and he did ever jump on the quad only track;)

Hehe the quad only track. Ive rode at a track close to my house that is more of a competition motorcycle setup, but they allow quads when the motorcycles arent running, the doubles are sweet, but some of the jumps have steep drop offs and with the Works valved to stiff for me. still bottomed out, the motorcycle tracks beat you up but are fun..:macho

The works seem to be fine, but I got rid of them for some LT PEP, my brothers standard PEP work good, but havent got to the track yet...

crazy larry
12-05-2003, 11:42 PM
my friend and i have the same shocks but mine suck whats the prob

Kilabanshee
12-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Most likely yours are more soft and need to be serviced. Yeah thanks for all the help!!! I guess its just how nuttey you are at rausch to do the jumps cause most of them look like they have nice landings.