PDA

View Full Version : got my wizdom teeth pulled yesterday...

hondarider2006
12-05-2003, 11:43 AM
It was pretty cool how they injected me, and than I feel asleep. I was sleeping for over an hour and a half, but it only felt like about...2 minutes. My whole face was numb for about 4-5 hours after they were done, pretty hard to eat or drink anything. Face is kinda swolen, not to bad though. The only thing great about this, is I get to miss 2 days of school....other than that it just plain out sucks!

SGA
12-05-2003, 12:01 PM
ah, man, I feel for you!

wilkin250r
12-05-2003, 12:23 PM
I bet you look like a chipmunk with full pouches, huh?

12-05-2003, 12:52 PM
I thought it was fun. I wish you could get it done like twice a year to be honest...:)

12-05-2003, 01:06 PM
my moms boyfriend got 2 of his teeth pulled because he had a root canal or what ever you call them, and we were watchin finding nemo (nuttin else to do) and it got to the part where the dentist drilled the guys tooth and we all started pickin on my moms boyfriend.:D

YLW400
12-05-2003, 01:06 PM
I only have 3 wisdom teeth..Is that why I am like I am?:huh

AtvMxRider
12-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by YLW400

Possibly...........:p

YLW400
12-05-2003, 01:50 PM
:cuss: lmao

AndrewRRR
12-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by YLW400

haha, same here. We are only 3/4 wise. Two of mine are ok, one is impacted and will need to be pulled eventually. The dentist said they'll probably have to remove it surgically. Cut 'er open, break the tooth into pieces, and pull it out. fun huh?
Eat lots of mashed potatoes!

YLW400
12-05-2003, 01:57 PM
That sounds splendid doesn't it?? lol I think that just makes us better then everyone else:p

Adam202
12-05-2003, 02:15 PM
i cant wait till i get mine pulled, Just because the prescription of vicodin ill get :D

Honda4trax250x
12-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
i cant wait till i get mine pulled, Just because the prescription of vicodin ill get :D

word to that

hondarider2006
12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
I got some perkiset stuff, but it works just as good. Here is a picture of them, kinda blurry, but you can see how big they are. It looks like there are 5 in there, but its because one of them split in half.

Woodsrider
12-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I thought it was fun. I wish you could get it done like twice a year to be honest...:)

LOL me too! I'll split it with you. You can have your teeth pulled and I'll take all the pills:D :D

blondie69
12-05-2003, 07:36 PM
ahh i'm really not lookin forward for when i get mine...should be here in a couple yrs, not gonna be fun. I have such a small mouth, the dentist said they would HAVE to come out, or else my 5-6 grand teeth will be all screwed up (had lots of dental work to get my teeth all good n straight, started out w/ spacers, then braces (also had to wear head gear at night!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: ) and now retainors (hardly ever wear em) it'd be a shame to see all the money my parents spent on them go to waste:huh

AndrewRRR
12-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
ahh i'm really not lookin forward for when i get mine...should be here in a couple yrs, not gonna be fun. I have such a small mouth, the dentist said they would HAVE to come out, or else my 5-6 grand teeth will be all screwed up (had lots of dental work to get my teeth all good n straight, started out w/ spacers, then braces (also had to wear head gear at night!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: ) and now retainors (hardly ever wear em) it'd be a shame to see all the money my parents spent on them go to waste:huh

Small mouth? That's not what I heard! haha just kidding.
I was borderline braces material but decided not to get them. They look ok now.
Hondarider put those suckers under your pillow. I'd say that's about fiddy bones right there from the tooth fairy! :eek: Use the money to buy more drugs!

Adam202
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
had braces for 3 years, i hate getting my teeth messed with, going to get a few cavities filled for the first time here 2 days before x-mas :(

NTPRacing#19
12-11-2003, 04:53 PM
haah those perks look like candy corn

300_14_racer
12-11-2003, 07:43 PM
so all that pain should come with some pain relievers cmon quite holding out on the goods:devil:

AndrewRRR
12-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
had braces for 3 years, i hate getting my teeth messed with, going to get a few cavities filled for the first time here 2 days before x-mas :(

Tell the dentist to drill your 3 cavities before the novicane kicks in like mine did, oh that was fun! :rolleyes:
"yeah that moaning means i'm not numb yet dumbass"

jja125
12-12-2003, 02:32 AM
adam202 i'm with you, that vicodin makes it all worthwhile. i took two vicodin's and had 1 beer and watched the two matrix movies after i had mine out (which really wierded me out) and my girlfriend found me out in our frontyard talkin to the neighbors in my underwear that afternoon. those pills hit pretty hard when you take two at a time.

spincr4hire
12-12-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I got some perkiset stuff, but it works just as good. Here is a picture of them, kinda blurry, but you can see how big they are. It looks like there are 5 in there, but its because one of them split in half.

ouch!
I still have my wisdom teeth so I can't imagine the pain.

SGA
12-12-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by jja125
my girlfriend found me out in our frontyard talkin to the neighbors in my underwear that afternoon.
I guess it depends on how your neighbor looks

jja125
12-12-2003, 06:57 AM
i don't even know his name - its some dude we call "lawnmower man" cause he seriously mows his yard every other day - he even managed to mow it last week and we had like 10" of snow but i saw it yesterday and it looks like it was mowed.

He does have two 16 year old daughters though. i just have to wait 2 more years :devil:

trueblue450
12-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by N.C REDNECK2433
we all started pickin on my moms boyfriend.:D

lmao... :D

hondarider2006
12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by jja125
i don't even know his name - its some dude we call "lawnmower man" cause he seriously mows his yard every other day - he even managed to mow it last week and we had like 10" of snow but i saw it yesterday and it looks like it was mowed.

He does have two 16 year old daughters though. i just have to wait 2 more years :devil:

You should go outside, and when he is mowing the grass take the garden hose and start soking him, or when he mows it in the winter, throw snow balls at him:D

Quadfather
12-12-2003, 07:16 PM
I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. The pain afterwards was incredible. The Vicodin did absolutely nothing. I'll never do that again.

Recondude
12-12-2003, 11:43 PM
i remember having mine pulled.. they had to bust the bottom 2 to get them out. The best part about the whole thing was the Nitrous .. my god is that stuff awesome. Specially when they lay it on thick and you dont really notice it. wow.. what a trip

SGA
12-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. The pain afterwards was incredible. The Vicodin did absolutely nothing. I'll never do that again.
Me too. Vicoden did nothing at all. I just dont think these folks know what real pain is. Loose sleep for about a week, then they will know.
After that, I feel really bad for people that have chronic, never-ending pain:(

Quadfather
12-13-2003, 06:44 AM
When mine started bothering me, the dentist took x rays, and told me they needed pulled. By looking at the x rays, he told me it would be painful, because the roots were hooked under the nerves. When I came to, and the gas wore off, the pain was unbearable. I took three Vicodin, and two codeine pills, and it did nothing. My neighbor called the surgeon for me, and he said to try Ibuprofin. It helped better than the other stuff, but not much. For nine days, all I could eat was milkshakes, and macaroni and cheese. I'd put the macaroni in my mouth until the cheese disolved, then spit the macaroni out. I couldn't touch my teeth together for two weeks. I've been through pain before, but that was easily the worst.

hondafox440
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Hate to kick up an old thread but I had mine pulled this morning. Hurts like a ***** now that the novicane has worn off, and this vicodin doesn't seem to be doing crap. They put the IV in me and told me to relax, and I woke up after what felt like 2 minutes and they were all done.

Quad18star
04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
ahh i'm really not lookin forward for when i get mine...should be here in a couple yrs, not gonna be fun. I have such a small mouth, the dentist said they would HAVE to come out, or else my 5-6 grand teeth will be all screwed up (had lots of dental work to get my teeth all good n straight, started out w/ spacers, then braces (also had to wear head gear at night!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: ) and now retainors (hardly ever wear em) it'd be a shame to see all the money my parents spent on them go to waste:huh Tegan , make sure you get it done as soon as you can . I had the same thing done , braces and stuff for 5 years and now I'm 21 and never got my wisdom teeth pulled . The 5 Grand my parents spent is almost a waste of money now . The teeth are still pretty straight but not as straight as they were before and its cuz my wisdom teeth are comming in . Also , If i ahve to get them pulled , I'll need a root cannal cuz the tooth has wrapped itself around the nerve. They are also causing quite a bit of pain and I get pretty abd headaches cuz of it . GET IT DONE !!!

hondarider2006
04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Hate to kick up an old thread but I had mine pulled this morning. Hurts like a ***** now that the novicane has worn off, and this vicodin doesn't seem to be doing crap. They put the IV in me and told me to relax, and I woke up after what felt like 2 minutes and they were all done.

Was your face all numb?? Mine felt like I was drooling all over myself:eek2:

hondafox440
04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Was your face all numb?? Mine felt like I was drooling all over myself:eek2:

Yea, haha. I went to change the guaze pads in my mouth and drooled all over myself. It sucks barely being able to open your mouth enough to fit a spoonful of pudding in, and everything tastes like blood :(

WKY400EX
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Bcak when I had mine done, they didn't give me an IV. Just gave me like 4-5 Valium and I was set. I was awake, but totally chilled the whole time.

I had 7 teeth removed when I got braces as a young teenager. Then, all 4 wisdom teeth. Most all of them had 3-4 roots on them.:eek2: Anyone else have that?