PDA

View Full Version : whats do i need?

EXDUNER127
12-05-2003, 09:42 AM
I want a 416ex, so what size and comp. piston do i need?
I want a je piston preferably, and hot cams camshaft.
is this all i need to bump it up to a 416 or where would that put me?

cals400ex
12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
you kind of need to decide on what compression you want. the higher you go, the less reliability you get usually. if you don't want to run race gas, don't go higher than a 10.8:1 compression piston. with this compression though, you will need to run premium fuel. a 416 is a 080 overbore (87mm piston). so you will need to get your stock cylinder bored. you will also need new gaskets. je does make good pistons. i am running a ross piston and i have not had any problems with it. from what i read, the ross and je pistons are the same quality, just the ross is a little lighter. i am also using a hotcam stage 2 cam. if you ride in tighter terrain or want more power down low, the stage 1 would suit you better. if you like more power in the upper gears or ride in more open areas, i would suggest the stage 2 cam. where would that put you?? i am not sure what your asking. you can get all of this for less than $400. your power will be a lot more than before, especially in the upper gears and at high rpm's.