View Full Version : Computer question

CEET400ex
12-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Hey i have some discs that came with my new computer and i was wondering if the Windows XP CD would work for loading windows XP on another computer that has windows 98.would this work?..Do i use the cd titled..."Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Including Service Pack 1 "?..Anyone know if this will work?

ThyJuGGaLo
12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
I tried it with Microsoft ME, that didn't work, i dunno about XP but i doubt it though i could be wrong

zarquon442
12-05-2003, 08:51 AM
reinstall discs will not work for either upgrading or fresh installs on any other computer other than the one it came with.

aside from that it states in the EULA that your not supposed to or Billy will get mad.:D

stepupmx
12-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by zarquon442
reinstall discs will not work for either upgrading or fresh installs on any other computer other than the one it came with.

Are you sure about that? I used my moms reinstall disk to put xp on my computer and it worked just fine, but in the computer properties thing, it shows my computer as a dell which isnt :p

12-05-2003, 09:38 AM
IF it's a restore CD it is normally only for the PC that the CD came with. Also that is pirating software and microsoft will know it. Some apps might not even work on it since it's not on the registered PC that it should be. XP is a whole nother beast compared to other OS's that microsoft has released. I'd not do it if i was you just to be safe.

D11NR
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Argghh they be pirates among us. Microsoft will be all over you
if your not careful. Like Rico said better safe than sorry :devil: