PDA

View Full Version : snow

quadryda
12-04-2003, 06:07 PM
hey im getting snow tomarro and im so excited this will be my first snow ride on an atv what kind of things r really fun that u guys/gals do in the snow:D

4wheelboy
12-04-2003, 06:32 PM
hey man i think were geting snow tomaorw too!
fun things to do are snow drags. go to the drivethrew on ur quad dounuts , 360s, pulling people on selds. hill climbin all that good stuff:devil:

quadryda
12-04-2003, 07:37 PM
yeh i cant wait its gona be fun:D

ny300exrider
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
ahhh the feeling of riding through the roads with nobody passing you is a good one

quadryda
12-04-2003, 07:57 PM
haha no offence to cops but they got chance on us in the snow especially wen the road isnt plowed... hehe;)

4TraxRider
12-04-2003, 08:17 PM
The best part of the snow is to get a few guy and build some huge jumps, ride snowmobiles over them a million times and get the quads out and do some freestyle. If i like the jumps, i take measurements and build them out fo dirt in the summer.

phireboi
12-04-2003, 08:49 PM
rode in snow today with my 400, other then messing up my yard and getting a little snow mud all over my fourwheeler it was really fun..i think i need to put my other tires on in snow next time my turf tamers are nearly gone and they were spinning ALOT but it was fun.

quadryda
12-05-2003, 11:53 AM
k:D :D l i was thinking of making the snow banks from the plows into jumps

trx250ex_nj
12-06-2003, 04:21 PM
I took my 400 out in the snow today too. It did ok in the low spots but got stuck in the deep snow everytime. Then I took my 250ex out and it went through all snow no matter how deep. Im wondering if its the taller tires that has the advantage. Or maybe its the fact that the 250ex is lower power and high torque, the 400 is just so powerful, you tap the gas and it spins them!

quadryda
12-06-2003, 09:14 PM
uh yeh me to it sucks with tha stock tires in the deep stuff im gettin 20 inches of snow mad fun on the streets no cars out there, doin 5th gear into a corner on the rode n slidins mad fun the deep snow on the grass tho i get stuck alot of jus spin n go like 1 mph i need paddleS!

Scott-300ex
12-08-2003, 01:55 PM
what's fun do do is find some deep snow spots like a foot or so deep, usually right after a hill, on the down slope of it, depending on which way the wind is blowing, once you find one, take all your buddies to it, after many tries one of you will make it and the one who makes it gets the respect

also, if you know someone with a field, like my cousin has fields, get your friends and go out there and just haul *** and slidin at high speeds are fun, just be carefull and/or make a track, and race around it, cause you will always be able to see your tracks

snow is great!

phireboi
12-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Last winter me and my cousin hammered a hole through one of those cheap plastic sleds and tied it to his Rancher and were flying through the field with one of us on it...Its tons of fun just don't brake to fast or turn to fast or you'll either snap the rope or hurt the person lol and its good for the person on the sled to wear a helmet also cause it hurts when you roll off going like 30. I wouldn't try it with a sport quad really lol cause it might be bad.

Scott-300ex
12-24-2003, 03:51 PM
me, my dad, and my uncle got a 4x8 sheet of sheet metal, like and 1/8 of an inch thick so it would give, well, we put 1 by's on the side and screwed them on, and put ropes on them to hold on to, then we got a 55 gallon drum and cut a 1/3 of it out, so we bolted the part that got cut out towards the middle of the metal sheet, since the rest was all on there, we had a huge toboggan, a huge *** tobogan

on a 4x8 sheet of sheet metal!

then we pulled it behind my uncles tractor, which was fast, slidin all around, then the next year we pulled it with my truck which was faster

it was fun as ****, have fun:D