PDA

View Full Version : Front sand tires

BBW
12-04-2003, 05:14 PM
For all of you sand addicts out there I was wondering what you have for tires on the front and how you like or dislike them. I have rear paddles and the stock tires on the front. They seem to do fine but I'm wondering the real benefits, if any, that make it worth the expense to get something on the front. It seems since I don't spend much time with the front wheels on the ground it hardly seems worth it. Your thoughts?

400exride.red
12-04-2003, 08:03 PM
lo0ok under dunriders section on forum board lots of folks chattin bout tires and benis of front steer dune tires

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-05-2003, 08:31 AM
We use the GBC dune tracker fronts, not to expensive and work good.

wilkin250r
12-05-2003, 09:54 AM
The difference between REAR sand tires and stock is like night and day, for obvious reasons. The performance difference between FRONT sand tires and the stock front tires isn't very big.

I have ridden both, and they do turn better. However, I don't think they are totally necessary unless you are racing and truly NEED the best performance you can get. Really, how often are you turning on a dime at full throttle where you absolutely NEED that little bit of extra traction on your front tires?

I have them more for looks than actual performance.

norcalatver
12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Wilkin250R, I've read your posts in the past and I recall you ride at Sand Mountain in Nevada don't you? I ride there as often as possible myself and have tried both stock tires and my Dune Tracker fronts. I personally have found an extreme advantage using the Dune fronts when carving circles or tight turns on one of the steep faces of Sand Mountain, especially when going downhill. I am also able to turn much quicker on the sand trails when blazing through them. The Dune trackers are also very reasonable. I don't think I paid $150 mounted on rims!